problem with western arc dish 1k2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

astrand1

Original poster
Jan 26, 2006
ok so i have an account with service address in Michigan. I also have a RV which is currently in the Los Angeles area. I have all my boxes on this one account. On my RV I have a in motion dish on my roof but I have a vip 922 in the coach and would like to use a 3 LNB dish so that I can record 2 different things on different satellites which the in motion can't do. So I bought a 1k2 dish with 3 LNBs. I have it set up and pointed in the correct direction etc.. I can only get 119. I called dish tech support and he told me that the dish won't work because my account is set up only for the eastern arc due to my service address. I told him that my in motion dish gets 110,119,129 all with no issue so that makes no sense that using a dish with 3 LNBs would not work. As far as I know a dish is a dish its still looking at the same satellites right? so I am stumped as to why I can only get 119 on the hd dish. I have one of those old analog signal meters and thats how I found 119. Seems odd that if it sees that one it would not see the other 2. I need some guidance on what I need to do. The check switch does show I'm connected to a DPP 1K2. any help would be great. I remember back in the day having a dish 500 and being able to point it in 5 minutes or less. lol

I doubt it Highly it has 3 independent LNBs.
Considering he said it was a Dish Pro Plus 1000.2.
And those 3 independent lnb setups haven't been used in over 10 years by dish networks installation standards.

First, Yes the CSR is sort of correct, The LNB you have won't work for Eastern arc, which is what she is trying to tell you.
CSRS are robots!
Eastern arc uses a 2 LNB setup.
Not 3 anymore, My guess she or he never heard of the 1000.4 eastern arc dish.

But that would not stop you from setting up and dialing in any Dish you want.
But it may prevent activation on a new receiver.

But it just sounds like to me you are not peaked right.
What does it say your receiver is getting?
What does it say on the systems screen?
Is it a used LNB?
What receiver is it using, the 922?
Do you have a Separator on the back of the 922, or what ever dual tuner receiver you're using?

First, make sure the dish is the western arc version. The feed horns should be equally spaced. If one is farther from the center than the other one, its the eastern arc version.

Since you are only getting one satellite, I'd suspect the skew.

Make sure 119 is being received by the center feed. Cover the other two with foil then locate 119. With the meter, you can still peak to the wrong satellite, so verify 119 is being received by checking on the satellite point dish screen.

If the dish mast is plumb and the skew is correct, the other two satellites should be received. Uncover the other two feeds and run a check switch to see what you get.

Did you set the skew correctly for your dish location? Which position is 119 in on the check switch page?

According to dish pointer I have skew and angles correct, but I guess I'm going to have to play with it somemore.

First, make sure the dish is the western arc version. The feed horns should be equally spaced. If one is farther from the center than the other one, its the eastern arc version.

Since you are only getting one satellite, I'd suspect the skew.

Make sure 119 is being received by the center feed. Cover the other two with foil then locate 119. With the meter, you can still peak to the wrong satellite, so verify 119 is being received by checking on the satellite point dish screen.

If the dish mast is plumb and the skew is correct, the other two satellites should be received. Uncover the other two feeds and run a check switch to see what you get.
I did the foil thing and found 119 but once I took the foil off and ran check switch again then 119 showed up on port 3. The lnbs are brand new I'm using a 922 with a separator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)