120+ vs 250

sam1070

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 2, 2014
yakima wa
i am thinking about downgrading my package to save money my main concern is family channels for my kid and my mother I would downgrade to the 120+ From the 250 add the multisport package and add the heart land package I tried talking to the dish chat rep and could not get a clear answer from the guy who I chatted with with in regard to what family channels I would loose if I drop down to the 120+ and add the multi sport and heart land the fella kept on referring me to link i tried the link he gave me to no avail I know if I downgrade to 120+ I would loose around 97 channels if I where to do a just straight down grade but I want to know if I where to add the heartland and multi sports package what channels I would have left that I would my mom watches tlc and my kid watches abc family and they both watch locals as well as we all watch food network and nwcn which I believe is s must carry station unsure however I mainly watch rural themed channels rfdtv and rural tv

Since there isn't a single punctuation or (new) paragraph, I'm VERY confused as to what exactly you're trying to do. (hint: at least try hitting RETURN between sentences...)

But from what little I could make out, since you're obviously wanting your local RSN's, (AT120+) why don't you just downgrade to AT200, which I believe includes most, if not all what's in the Heartland add-on pkg. You most likely would get more bang for your buck going that route.

Also, what exactly are you wanting the Multi-Sport pkg for? Some of those sports channels are also included in AT200 as well. Have you looked at the pkg lineups on DISH's website, to see exactly what's included in each one; your questions would probably be answered right there... ;)

Reactions: MattG@DISH
I would say that the 120+ package does have some family channels, now if it has the specific ones you are looking for the Dish website, is a good start where you can see a compared between packages and see your "I can live without this" or I must "Have this channel" in regard to sports local RSN and ESPN channels, but as mentioned above if you must have NBC sports and such, 200 would be best bet

i am thinking about downgrading my package to save money my main concern is family channels for my kid and my mother I would downgrade to the 120+ From the 250 add the multisport package and add the heart land package I tried talking to the dish chat rep and could not get a clear answer from the guy who I chatted with with in regard to what family channels I would loose if I drop down to the 120+ and add the multi sport and heart land the fella kept on referring me to link i tried the link he gave me to no avail I know if I downgrade to 120+ I would loose around 97 channels if I where to do a just straight down grade but I want to know if I where to add the heartland and multi sports package what channels I would have left that I would my mom watches tlc and my kid watches abc family and they both watch locals as well as we all watch food network and nwcn which I believe is s must carry station unsure however I mainly watch rural themed channels rfdtv and rural tv

The only reliable answer is for you to compare packages with a written list of what channels you must have in your hand and see what is the lowest package that you can go to. You can also see what the Heartland package has and keep that in mind as you look. Not too sure about what you are looking for with the sports package but again, if the package you choose does not have the sports channels you want and the sports package does you could add it to some packages, not all. But if you add the sports package even at 1/2 price and the Heartland package I don't know how much you end up saving.

Reactions: ChadT41
i fixed it i was typing it form my phone realized it did not auto format grammar and produced quirks on the spelling and sentence structure
I am thinking about downgrading my package to save money my main concern is family channels for my kid and my mother I would downgrade from the 250 to the 120+. I would add the multisport package as well as adding the heartland package to the 120+ package while preceding to drop the 250 package. before I came on here I went and chatted with dish chat support and I was unable to get enough information that would explain what I would be losing in regard to channels.

I am trying to cut back on the money I put out every month I originally had the top 120+ or whatever it was called when the 722 receiver the last duo receiver was first able to be installed that they released before they released the original hopper. When I upgraded to the second generation with the sling adapter I upgraded to the 250 package as at that time I could get the one-year pricing on that package however the one-year pricing has now expired and I see no need to keep the package as the majority of the channels I watch are included in 120+ I know I would lose around 97 channels. if I were to do a just straight down grade h However want to know if I get the package 120+ as the majority of the channels I watch are included in the 120+ as well as if I add the heartland and multi-sport package as I mainly watch amazon instant I also watch Netflix however there are some shows I am unable to get off each of the respective streaming platform and mainly football and local shows as well as the odd show on the abc family channel. My mother watches the channel tlc and and the local channels however my kid watches show on abc family and Disney channel as well as channels on the assorted nick channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)