problems aquiring BEV Nimiq 82

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cq2

Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
I am setting up a new BEV 6100 receiver c/w 20" dish and can't get satellite signal to 82.
91 comes in great at 93% strength. Bypassed splitter switch & hooked up the 82 LNB directly to receiver, adjusted skew & still could not detect nimiq2, just 91
Question.... Being in Portland,OR. am I to far west or south to receive signal?
Have run the check switch on both & still nothing, could I have a bad LNB as all the 91 channels come through on the 82 LNB(whereby the 91LNB was not connected) ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
cq2 said:
I am setting up a new BEV 6100 receiver c/w 20" dish and can't get satellite signal to 82.
91 comes in great at 93% strength. Bypassed splitter switch & hooked up the 82 LNB directly to receiver, adjusted skew & still could not detect nimiq2, just 91
Question.... Being in Portland,OR. am I to far west or south to receive signal?
Have run the check switch on both & still nothing, could I have a bad LNB as all the 91 channels come through on the 82 LNB(whereby the 91LNB was not connected) ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your location is ok for receiving both satellites.
Satellite at 91 with 93% strength is good.

Disconnect your( satellite in) cable at the receiver and do a check switch with no input to receiver.

After it is finished and says no switch detected, install sat. in cable back onto receiver with switch connected outside and do another switch check.
See if it recognizes your proper switch.

What is your LNBF and switch configuration?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts