Problems installing a sonicview 8000hd

Franciscocaball

Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
I do have the motorized version of the sonicview 8000Hd, dish, and I did paid this satellite installer to do the job, stupidly I prepaid $100.00, he worked on this proyed for hours to end and no result. Anyway, I get strenght but not quality., but my questions is since is motorized I am puzzled, where to start the pointing, but for example , since is a FTA sat., Can I beging with AMC3 for example and find the pointing coordinates?
Another problems is that in the dish adjustments there are some numbers that can not be adjusted since the plate (dish) will not go that far.

Elevation in the left side of the dish goes from 25 to 75( not a problem)

Latitude in the right side from 15 to 65 (ours here in kissimmee is 28 , so not problem)

the skew on the LNB is 10 to 50

on the dish itself , the right side has no numbers, just in the bottom 08 08
and do not know what that means.

but on the left side has another nnumber from 80 to 25 in that order, but when I tried to adjust, it will go to 32 maximum, since after that it will hit the back of the motor...

So, please what can I do, I had called several satellite companies but their installers do not know...
What exactly are the steps to be taken,, remember I am a lay person.

Thanks in advance.

You should be in FTA . But I can suggest that you contact who ever you bought the equipment from to see if they offer installation (actually you should have done it before you bought it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)