PROBLEMS INSTALS conical ring wl DMX741U C/Ku LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cocolinr19

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
canada
hi guys i have 1.2 dish size but can not lock any sattelites w/ this conical ring lnb i change the lnb to single linear good quality lock most sattellites any any idea or suggestion thanks or trick

Have you verified that you've got the LNBF in the proper orientation?
I forget which way it needs to be twisted, but that'd be the first thing I'd look at.
Second, would be to make sure for setup, that you plug directly into the chosen LNB on the unit, bypassing any switches.
Third, is to set the focus for the LNBF, and of course then slide the scalar to the point of peak signal quality.

Last edited:
help where is iceberg hi is the xpertec i try for tree more hrs and no luck the settins are 9750-10600 unversal lnb any suggestion are welcome

I don't know that dish. What LNBF(s) are you using, and which receiver? Does the receiver blind scan and find anything? Perhaps some pictures of your set up might help figure out if anything looks out-of-place.

Whether your scalar is flat or conical, it won't have any affect on Ku signals.
It may as well be missing, as it's not a contributing factor.

From your previous comments, I thought we were talking about C-band signal.
Have you tried C-band, yet?
It's more forgiving than Ku.

Make sure the zero degree indicator is pointing at 12 or 6'O clock. This is your zero point and you can adjust for polarity from that point. Try it with out the scalar ring on C band first. Once you lock signal, you can add your WSKU2C conical scalar ring kit and adjust it on the LNBF for maximum signal quality.

Try pointing at a strong bird like 91 TP 3720, or 99 TP 4000. I have this LNBF on a 1.2 & for the size of the dish it works great, but don't expect hundreds of channels. Put the scaler ring all the way to the end, & use the dielectric plate. Take the cap out of the end just in case for easy access. Some TP's I have have 70Q on a mini G23 is also a strong sat, but I would line up on the middle horizon before I move out towards the ends. About G14 is probably all you can go

Auric has a good point on selecting an appropriate bird to start with.
Here is a thread where Linuxman got some stations on a 1.0 meter Primestar.
He's got a list of signals he was able to get on that smaller dish.
Just in case you have a line-of-sight problem with any other satellites.

edit:
. . . uhhhhh. . . the birds mentioned are not circular, and so don't need the dielectric plate . . .

Auric has a good point on selecting an appropriate bird to start with.
Here is a thread where Linuxman got some stations on a 1.0 meter Primestar.
He's got a list of signals he was able to get on that smaller dish.
Just in case you have a line-of-sight problem with any other satellites.

edit:
. . . uhhhhh. . . the birds mentioned are not circular, and so don't need the dielectric plate . . .

Correct! Yes they are not circular, but what was confusing to me is, I accidentally left the dielectric plate in when I started & got signal & quality on Galaxy 17 91W right away. When I was scratching my head trying to remember where I left the plate, so I could try & adjust the Ku on G17 I realized it was already in. I removed the plate & lost quality & couldn't get it back. When I put the plate in quality returned. I don't know, but it works with it & not with out. It wont hurt to try.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dish elavation 9.66 ----doable ???

Pole size for 36 inch ku dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)