Problems locating 61.5 - any advice?

Me-At-Work

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
Okay, I finally have my wife convinced that we need to upgrade our 811 to a new receiver (probably a 211). Currently we only have a dish 500 antenna up and found our old dish 300 dish in the garage from 10+ years ago (it came with my original 3000) and put it up. Instead of ripping out my 811 and taking it outside - I found our old 2800 in the basement to use with alignment. It is not subscribed to and still has an old blue card in it - but it still works fine. Anyways, I have tried several different transponders 3,11,15 and can not locate 61.5. The dish is working- because Expressvu 82 & 91 show up if I move it farther west (we live in the great lakes area).

I have 2 questions:

1) what transponder should I be using for 61.5?
and/or
2) do you think that the receivers firmware is too old to find 61.5 (something has has changed) and I should use my 811?

Thanks for the replies in advance.

Assuming that you're upgrading for the new HD channels, and you'll be getting one of the metallic HD packs, and you don't mind an 18 month committment, why not have Dish install whatever you need for $49?

"DISH Network can come to your home and replace up to two of your current receivers OR add DishHD in another room of your home for pricing starting at $49.00! The receivers below are eligible for installation:

* HD Single-Tuner Receiver for $49 (including installation & dish antenna)
-OR-
* HD Dual-Tuner DVR Receiver for $299.99 (including installation & dish antenna)"

That would be good but...

I don't think the Dish techies want to come to Canada. Wouldn't be much help if they installed it at my sister in laws in Tampa either. We use her address for the subscription.

Thanks

Well if your willing to pay me to come out to your home Im in the Metro Detroit area, otherwise make sure your old dish 300 is set to an elevation of 37 degrea's and aim it in the direction of 150 on a compas or towards the carolina's and you should see the sat.

Thanks for the advice...

I am going to try again in a couple of days - it is supposed to rain again tomorrow anyways.

Thanks for the offer Van but I think a 4 hour round trip for travel time is probably going to cost a alot (we are half way between the Motor city and the big smoke-Toronto).

Seriously, I have never had a problem installing our original single Dish or the DishPro 500 - until now. Starchoice (non dbs, rotten menu system, etc) is another matter - I finally let the installer with the spectrum analyzer do it right.

Me-At-Work.

Finally...Success!

Today I tried with TP 25 (I thought that was the one from a previous post in this thread) and I had it locked in under 30 seconds with a strength of 104. Wierd, from when I put up my Dish 500 several years ago, I thought you always peaked on TP 11 for all satellites.

Anyways, thanks for all the advice. Now I just have to wait for my sister in law to visit next week and deliver our new receiver.

Me-At-Work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)