Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
Lat night I was having troubles locking in Montana PBS due to low signal/quality strength. Today Montana PBS is booming in strong but the other PBS stations are gone. Anybody else notice this?

I've got Montana here but about normal, the 12180 PBS mux is gone, I noticed it this morning and just checked and still no signal. Hope its nothing permanent.

The PBS mux is still there, but the signal is very weak at the moment.

It's back but the signals are low. I'm recording Masterpiece Theater for my wife right now.

AMC3 good and strong! blind scan got me MTA channels and all PBS with very good quality:).

I am very happy...this is one of my favorite birds!:up

It came back last night for me also and now is in the Q40's most the time on the weaker TPs

Yup, everything seems to be back to normal here too...weird...its seems to me that has happened before in the last couple of years. Hope everything stays put, I spend most of my time on that bird.

On my 10' mesh SAMI dish, I have 72% quality on 12140V and 70% 12180 right now.
PBS is coming in strong in the high 80's bouncing around a bit.

Quality readings from a pansat 9200HD

Yup, everything seems to be back to normal here too...weird...its seems to me that has happened before in the last couple of years. Hope everything stays put, I spend most of my time on that bird.

PBS is planning to move to the new AMC 21 satellite to be launched this summer. AMC 21 will be located at 125 degrees West.

Latest News

PBS is planning to move to the new AMC 21 satellite to be launched this summer. AMC 21 will be located at 125 degrees West.

Latest News

Thanks. That's going to change my fixed dish plans for this summer for sure. I wonder if a dual LNB setup for 123W, 125W without using stacked LNB's would work. Have people here accomplished a 2 degree separation using standard (non-stacked) LNB's?

Thanks. That's going to change my fixed dish plans for this summer for sure. I wonder if a dual LNB setup for 123W, 125W without using stacked LNB's would work. Have people here accomplished a 2 degree separation using standard (non-stacked) LNB's?

In my little experience I have noticed 4 degrees is the minimum:)
....unless there is a considerable difference of elevation (this is not common in adjacent birds).

I have never been able to get anything less than 4 degrees by putting the lnbf's together touching each other. I always wondered how Directv put those 5 lnb feeds together although it appears to have just 3 feedhorn openings.

In my little experience I have noticed 4 degrees is the minimum:)
....unless there is a considerable difference of elevation (this is not common in adjacent birds).

I have never been able to get anything less than 4 degrees by putting the lnbf's together touching each other. I always wondered how Directv put those 5 lnb feeds together although it appears to have just 3 feedhorn openings.
This mini LNB by SatelliteAV may be your answer to your questions.;)

they squish the feedhorn and use long LNB's. If you've seen like a DirecPC or Direcway dish when 99 was Directway and 101 was DirecTv it loked like they "stretched" the LNB behind the eye to make room

Dish500+ and Superdishes looked like that too.

You could try to take 2 mini LNBF's and shave the cases down on each side some to get them closer to each other. Getting the Skew just right might make it hard. I plan on looking into that if PBS makes the move. Half the fun of this is to try new things.

... Half the fun of this is to try new things.

I agree:up, there is time for all, 7-8:30 p.m. is time for me for catching new birds...improving signal, making combos, testing different lnb brands performance, etc...(It´s so funny:))

What I´ll do if I have nothing to do in this hobby?:eek:

I think there will always be something to do!:rolleyes:

You could try to take 2 mini LNBF's and shave the cases down on each side some to get them closer to each other. Getting the Skew just right might make it hard. I plan on looking into that if PBS makes the move. Half the fun of this is to try new things.

That sounds interisting. Let us know how it works out. I need to use dual output LNBF's for my two room setup. Do they make a dual output mini?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)