Problems recording NHL Center Ice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jkf18

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
Once again its a start of a new season for a Directv sports subscription and once again a problem with a DVR failing to record a game. I used to have this problem with the MLB package - now it happened today on the Blackhawks/Caps game. The game was set up to record - it did not. The reason when checked in the recording log is "This showing was canceled because the channel was no longer available." (6).

This used to be a problem when the guide data was changed after the recording was set. CBS regional football games are prone to doing this. An example would be if the guide originally showed a generic NFL FOOTBALL description for a Sunday afternoon. Later, the guide will show the exact game scheduled closer to the date. Chances are if you had already set up the recording before the exact game was entered into the guide date it probably would not record and there would be an error similar to the above.

Why can't this problem be resolved? It has happened on both my old Tivo DVR as well as my HR21. CSRs are clueless to this issue and on my most recent conversation I was told my receiver was not even active despite the fact I was currently using it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts