Problems recording on starz hd

Status
Please reply by conversation.

twilliam66

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Has anybody else tried to record a movie on starz hd and had it tell you it is available on demand and add it to your playlist? I tried to setup The Proposal on starz hd tomorrow night and it won't let me record it. It will only add it to my playlist from the on demand sevice.

That would be fine but it is the sd version not the hd version. I can go through the guide and find other showings of the movie but it does the same thing. I hope this is not an indicator of things to come.

I called DIRECTV about this, as I have the same issue: Try to schedule "The Proposal"to record in HD on STZeHD or STZwHD and it says it's already available On Demand, and it gets added immediately to the playlist. The problem is that the version of The Proposal that is available On Demandm is only in SD - not in HD.

The first agent I spoke to transferred me to Technical, and there I was told this is a known issue and the Broadcast Center is looking at it and she has no ETA for resolution. There are no options to force it to record - even using the Remote Scheduler will not work.

I just set the timer to record the Proposal on Starz HD and Had no issue at all.

Are you sure you don't already have 2 timers set for the same time?

Having the same issue try to tape it tonight, tommrow morning and next week and each time It only moves it to your DVR only bein in SD and expiring 5/7

Same issue here on an HR22 and HR21. Funny thing is, were all here trying to record "The Proposal." And you call yourselves MEN? :eek:

On the phone with CS as I type, with the 3rd rep now.............

Ok, he said they had to escalate it to their engineering level, and I would get "TV Mail" notifying me of a software update as soon as it is available......:rolleyes: Could be days, he said............. Manualy recording it seems to be the way to go......

If I press INFO on the upcoming showings of "The Proposal"in the Guide on STZeHD or STZwHD it only shows "Play", "Cast & Crew" and "Done". There is no option for "Record"or Üpcoming Showings". At the bottom of the Info text, it shows it was recorded on 4/15. Mind you, this is while highlighting a FUTURE showing it says this... Also, the icons above the Info text only shows DD (Dolby), there is no HD indicator - again, this is while looking at info on the HD channel for the HD showing of the movie.

If I press REC while highlighting "The Proposal" on the HD channels, it pops up an overlay saying the program is available on demand and it has been added to my playlist. It also has two options, "ÖK"and "Watch Now". The title added to the Playlist does NOT have an HD indicator and is definitely not HD when playing it. The playlist SD copy expires 5/7 and was recorded on channel 9982 (*DTV).

Equipment: I tried on all of my DVRs - same issues. HR21, HR20 (-100 and -500)

It's not a "me" issue, it's a "DIRECTV" issue...

I wonder why mine works fine?

My Friends HR 22 is set to record without issue as well.:confused:
That's a really good question - all I can think is that if you go to the On Demand feature, you won't already have "The Proposal" listed. Maybe it just hasn't been flagged to be recorded by DIRECTV on your receivers yet? Mine was only recorded 4/15 and maybe different customers get different "flags" from DIRECTV directing when to rotate On Demand titles? I'm just mystified on this one ...

Also, the tech I spoke to said the Broadcast Center is working on it, making me think that somehow there's something wrong in the guide data for the HD version I am looking at in the guide that makes the DVR think the SD and HD versions are the same. Definitely something buggy here...

I had the same issue with my HR22 and I waited till the movie started then I was able to record it off of 527 in HD.

My wife was trying to set this to record the StarzW showing & had the same problem....
However I was able to click on the "view upcoming" on the StarzE showing that is currently playing & it did set it to record properly.....weird indeed...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)