Problems vip211k dvr activation

bocephus1030

Original poster
Dec 21, 2012
maryland
Dish network says all recievers need to be HD to enable dvr (external drive ) on one 211k. Was also told by another Dish agent I can use 2 terabyte drive. Are these true statments?
Thank YouSteve

this could dish ajent

Last edited by a moderator:
Dish network says all recievers need to be HD to enable dvr (external drive ) on one 211k. Was also told by another Dish agent I can use 2 terabyte drive. Are these true statments?

Thank YouSteve

this could dish ajen
t

$40 to enable the DVR feature on a 211/211K/411. Sd equipment doesn't support it and archiving on an HD DVR is no cost. Min size 50gb max 2tb officially.

Dose it matter that this drive was formatted in windows? It is a seagate drive. Maybe I should just start fresh with a WD dvr drive.
And thank you for the quick response, this was to be Christmas present for the wife.

I would hit up a dirt agent and they should be able to activate the feature. I just hooked mine up and it asks to format then should be good to use. I used mine on a Windows pc prior to using it on my Dish reciever.

i think the restriction is the hard drive can only have 1 platter..(may have changed..that was when it was rolled out)

I've just been told a second time by dish that I have to upgrade my other equpment (sd ) to activate the dvr capabillity. This time they said it is because I live in Maryland.
Anyony heard of this.

is your 211k receiving HD channels or are you only subscribed to the SD channels. can't see why that would make a difference but could be the reason....

I've just been told a second time by dish that I have to upgrade my other equpment (sd ) to activate the dvr capabillity. This time they said it is because I live in Maryland.
Anyony heard of this.

ping a dirt member

Sorry. How do I do that.

Thank You!
Since you live in the great State of Maryland (previously called the Free State), you may need an upgrade to the Eastern Arc. If you are still pointed at the Western Arc (110, 119, 129), Dish will want to repoint you at 61.5, 72, 77 (Eastern Arc). This would require an upgrade to all VIP receivers. If you don't have line of sight for EA, then you can stay on WA but the locals won't be in HD. The Baltimore/DC locals are on 61.5.

To contact a DIRT member, go to the bottom of the Forum page and look for the members highlighted in red.

I've just been told a second time by dish that I have to upgrade my other equipment (sd ) to activate the dvr capabillity. This time they said it is because I live in Maryland.

I am at 61.5, 72, 77 on one dish on two 211's and the sd's are on a 500 dish since 1994( for sd's).

Also been told 2 terabyte drive will work on 211k, This is a seagate caviar with an external encloser.

Thank You
Steve

dirt should be able to straighten things out for you, or keep calling until you get a csr who knows wtf they are doing. no reason they can not activate your two 211's for use with a external hard drive.

It is possible your account was tagged to an EA dish upgrade and you are not being allowed to make any changes on the account until this takes place. You should PM a DIRT member to check into this for you. Also, you already have a thread on this exact subject, you didn't need to start another one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts