Problems vip211k dvr activation

Correct me if I'm wrong, but... I have 2 - 211k's and to my knowledge (last time I checked) they only support up to 1 TB. I tried a Seagate 2TB drive awhile ago and it did not work. If the updated the software that would be great and I will put that drive back on one of my 211's.

Steve

Dish wont activate dvr 211k with HD signal 61.5 equiptment if sd equiptment is on same account.

Happy holidays

Well I know there was a push a long time ago to get everyone with 61.5 on the eastern portion of the country over to 72 since there was an HD migration off of 61.5. When that happens, sd equipment won't work since EA is mpeg4 only. I bet that's why there is a problem. I'm pretty certain that if someone on WA has a 625 and a 211k, they would be able to activate that feature without a problem.

Dish wont activate dvr 211k with HD signal 61.5 equiptment if sd equiptment is on same account.

Happy holidays

Not sure who is telling you that but,that is incorrect.We just recently upgraded a 501 Sd to a 211HD.We still have other sd equipment.Now we do have both arcs eastern and western but,it shouldn't make any difference just to get a 211 activated as it will work on either arc.

Not sure who is telling you that but,that is incorrect.We just recently upgraded a 501 Sd to a 211HD.We still have other sd equipment.Now we do have both arcs eastern and western but,it shouldn't make any difference just to get a 211 activated as it will work on either arc.

Do you live on the eastern side of the country or the east coast? If you live in an area that does not prompt the CSR to set up a dish swap for an EA dish then that may be why you had no problems. If you lived in Maryland for example, the system is going to tell them you need an EA install and all MPEG4 equipment, then the system won't allow any changes until the SD equipment is updated. I think that's what's happening here and I'm sure once aDIRT member sees this they can check it out and explain what's going on.

Happy holidays

The issue isn't due to 61.5 being on the account. The issue is the DMA. Since the DMA is on Eastern Arc all equipment on the account does need to be MPEG 4 equipment in order to make changes (programing, adding equipment, etc...) to the account. This includes activating an external hard drive.

The issue isn't due to 61.5 being on the account. The issue is the DMA. Since the DMA is on Eastern Arc all equipment on the account does need to be MPEG 4 equipment in order to make changes (programing, adding equipment, etc...) to the account. This includes activating an external hard drive.
that is really lame....a few keystrokes and the guy could be using his hard drive, but no....

Do you live on the eastern side of the country or the east coast? If you live in an area that does not prompt the CSR to set up a dish swap for an EA dish then that may be why you had no problems. If you lived in Maryland for example, the system is going to tell them you need an EA install and all MPEG4 equipment, then the system won't allow any changes until the SD equipment is updated. I think that's what's happening here and I'm sure once aDIRT member sees this they can check it out and explain what's going on.

Sure I live in the east part of the country.When we upgraded to hd the installer that came here insisted we couldn't get 129.I explained to him I already have 129 but,he installed an eastern arc dish anyway.Few months later we started getting the warnings we would lose channels if we didn't switch to the western arc.Again I already had the western arc dish 500 with wing for 129,I refused to let the installer tear it down.Fortunately I think it might have been MattG resolved the issue for us.Another plus is that our locals are carried on both arcs.

I see now that the locals are only provided on one arc for the op,that explains a lot.

Don't shoot the messenger......it's not DIRT's call. :)

it was not my intent to shot the messenger in any way shape or form as I appreciate all dirt does for the members. I know it is a corporate policy.
Still REALLY LAME, especially if there will be a cost to upgrade, i.e. hopper.....

it was not my intent to shot the messenger in any way shape or form as I appreciate all dirt does for the members. I know it is a corporate policy.
Still REALLY LAME, especially if there will be a cost to upgrade, i.e. hopper.....
Not Lame. In most cases, Dish replaces the EA MPEG2 equipment without charge. Now upgrading to Hopper is at the customer's choice.

Not Lame. In most cases, Dish replaces the EA MPEG2 equipment without charge. Now upgrading to Hopper is at the customer's choice.
if there is no cost I guess it is not so bad, but when you get a new drive and want to use the 211 as a dvr, and then you you are told you have to wait it sucks.....like getting a toy for Christmas and being told you can not play with it....What would it hurt to activate the dvr functions if you agreed to a upgrade?

if he wanted to change his programing to a much more expensive package they still have to tell him no, not until you upgrade your stuff....could loose out on a sale that way...

I agree it's completely lame not to allow us to have both arcs if we have the dishes already installed and the equipment already working.

I wonder what would happen if Zach converts the account to EA surreptitiously during the night, and then activates those drives? I'm pretty sure the mpeg-2 receivers would still continue working as they are now on the D500.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts