Problems w/722 and Video/Sound Sync: 12/26 3:30 PM EST

geekboy2000

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
Philly Suburbs, PA
Don't know if anyone else is similarly affected, but here's how it played out:

My VIP-722 went into standby/idle after 4 hours. I saw the screensaver, and pressed the select/enter button. Saw a black screen, and no response to any of the remote buttons. I did a power/reset on the box, and it seemed that it skipped 2 of the 5 satellites during the boot sequence. I recall seeing 1, then 2 very quickly, then 1 again, then 3, then right to 5. In any case, it came back, the picture looks good, but the audio is lagging behind the video by just a bit. I went to the System Info menu, and all three satellites check good, with an overall status of "good". Since I see no other similar posts, I'm assuming (but hoping not) this is just me. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Mark

Don't know if anyone else is similarly affected, but here's how it played out:

My VIP-722 went into standby/idle after 4 hours. I saw the screensaver, and pressed the select/enter button. Saw a black screen, and no response to any of the remote buttons. I did a power/reset on the box, and it seemed that it skipped 2 of the 5 satellites during the boot sequence. I recall seeing 1, then 2 very quickly, then 1 again, then 3, then right to 5. In any case, it came back, the picture looks good, but the audio is lagging behind the video by just a bit. I went to the System Info menu, and all three satellites check good, with an overall status of "good". Since I see no other similar posts, I'm assuming (but hoping not) this is just me. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Mark

All channels or just a specific one?

All channels or just a specific one?

All initially, but it seems the audio may be sync'ing up on some channels now. In some cases, it's hard to tell, so it's obviously not bad. Then again, if it were perfectly in sync, I'd know that too. :) It does seem though that all channels were affected.

Mark

I just checked previously recorded material, and the audio/video sync is a problem with those programs as well. The HD clearly isn't fried, but I wonder what's up? I'm leaving it in standby mode for awhile. Where's the Maalox?

Well, after about 45 minutes in standby mode, everything is now in sync. OTA, cable and recorded programs all look/sound great. I wonder what happened? And, what did (if anything) putting it in standby do?

Mark

I'd recommend turning off the receiver ( any receiver for that matter ) when not in use, I had this happen on a 508 when I left it on for several days, I had to do a hard front panel / power cord reset to get it fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)