Problems w/ OTA reception in Chicago??

ChadH

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Chicago
Tonight’s the first night in a few that we’ve actually watched TV and we’re having problems w/ all the OTA channel strengths on both 811’s. Everything is down 10% and WGN is down 40% and won’t lock in. Is anyone else having problems in Chicago or is it just us?

So it's only us? The problem continues today and, although some of the other channels have fluctuated back up and down between 75 and 85%, WGN still will not lock. Also, strangely, the South Bend channels (70 miles away) which are usually hit or miss have been coming in consistently well at 85%??

Woodridge IL WGN @100%

Winegard roof antenna about 20 Miles west of the loop. Lowest strength is channel 2.1. at 87%. 9.1, 9.2, 11.1, 11.2 all at 100%. 32.1 95%.

Thanks... What receiver are you using? Noticed also that the 811's modulated output to the BR TV has sound, onscreen info (generated from the 811) but no picture (for OTA or SAT)!! Perhaps my receiver is on the fritz.

ChadH said:
Tonight’s the first night in a few that we’ve actually watched TV and we’re having problems w/ all the OTA channel strengths on both 811’s. Everything is down 10% and WGN is down 40% and won’t lock in. Is anyone else having problems in Chicago or is it just us?

I'm about one mile due west of Midway using a 811 with a RS VU90 antenna. All digatal stations are 85-93 and locked solid. How are your connections at the antenna? Are you using any splitters? I have one solid RG6 cable from the antenna to the 811.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)