Problems with 1000.4 EA with 61.5 wing dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bigoldboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
Hello all. Installed a 1000.4 just fine, but have LOS issues with 61.5, so much so that the signals are too low. They are there, but too low and keep cutting out. Put tin foil over 61.5 and added a 500 dish pointed at 61.5. Ran checkswitch and looks good - sees 77 and 72 from the 1000.4, and the 61.5 from the wing slot.

Thought I was good, but my problem is this .... somehow it seems to not switch correctly when using 61.5. For example, my locals (Buffalo) are on TP 13, and normally are about 27-30 - and show 65 BUT don't work when I tune them, so I seem to be on the correct satellite but wrong TP. Same with FoxMo channel and others - says it doesn't see them.

So, then I disconnected the 1000.4 and fed ONLY the 61.5 wing dish in directly to the 622 receiver, and shazam, works great. Please, what am I missing??

I think I solved my own problem. Manual says I need a DP Single, dual, etc. Pretty sure I have legacy. Sound right, before I go off and buy one?

The DP Plus 44 switch is compatible with all DISH Pro and DISH Pro Plus LNBFs. – It is not compatible with legacy LNBFs/switches. This is from our installation manual.

The DP Plus 44 switch is compatible with all DISH Pro and DISH Pro Plus LNBFs. – It is not compatible with legacy LNBFs/switches. This is from our installation manual.

???? He doesn't have or need a DP Plus44 switch. He realized his wing dish had a legacy LNB which is not compatible with the 1000.4 EA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts