Problems with 622 after installing new smartcard

scots

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2006
Raleigh, NC
I have a 622 receiver and got it when they first came out a few years ago. I've never had any problems with it, and it's always worked great. The mail man delivered my new smartcard yesterday, and I installed it with no problems in just a few minutes. Everything seemed to be working fine at first. Last night my other half went upstairs and turned on the TV in the bedroom. I noticed that the blue light on the front of the 622 that indicates TV2 being turned on didn't light up. When I went upstairs I noticed some pixellation and stuff going on with the picture on TV2 that wasn't happening on TV1 downstairs. I didn't mess with any of it last night and went to bed.

Today I turn on the TV downstairs and it keeps locking up (which I didn't notice yesterday). The picture freezes and the sound goes out for a couple seconds. Then the sound comes back but the picture is still frozen. The picture stays frozen for about 20 seconds or so, and then it jumps back to the live picture. I tried doing a reset of the receiver by doing the holding down the power button thing. The blue light for TV2 is working again now, but TV1 is still doing the locking up thing. It was working great with no problems at all until the new smartcard came along, so I don't know what else could have caused the problems other than the smartcard.

Anyone else had something like this happen after installing their new smartcard? Anything else I can try to get it working again before I call Dish?

Today I turn on the TV downstairs and it keeps locking up (which I didn't notice yesterday). The picture freezes and the sound goes out for a couple seconds. Then the sound comes back but the picture is still frozen. The picture stays frozen for about 20 seconds or so, and then it jumps back to the live picture.

Does it do this on all channels? Because it sounds like what the Travel Channel HD and a few other HD channels have been doing for the last week or two, but until yesterday I didn't have a new smartcard so that wasn't the cause.

Was on TLC HD when it was doing it earlier. Was working fine on all channels before I installed the new smartcard yesterday.

Does it do this on all channels? Because it sounds like what the Travel Channel HD and a few other HD channels have been doing for the last week or two, but until yesterday I didn't have a new smartcard so that wasn't the cause.

So that IS a universal problem after all! I thought something was wrong on our end when TravelHD was acting up...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)