Problems with 622 since L355 update...

MYNAMEHERE

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
Woodson Terrace, MO
Well since the update I have to reset the receiver twice a day. I get frequent audio drops, just for a micro second, but noticeable. I also loose audio on HD channels, but if I hit the skip back button it comes back, but when I go back to live TV, it's gone again. I also get picture stutter on all channels, even on OTA's. I am running the 622 in single mode, using component and optical to my AV receiver.

Sorry to hear you are having problems, mine is working great. Hard to imagine that one works great and another is having problems and they have the same hardware! :confused:

There are many including myself who have had big problems with audio drops through an HDMI connection. Some are reporting it even with an optical connection.

So, in typical Dish fashion, some had problems fixed with new software, and those who had perfectly working boxes, now have problems. I can't even watch with HDMI audio, it happens almost every minute on SAT, OTA, and recorded programs.

MYNAMEHERE said:
Well since the update I have to reset the receiver twice a day. I get frequent audio drops, just for a micro second, but noticeable. I also loose audio on HD channels, but if I hit the skip back button it comes back, but when I go back to live TV, it's gone again. I also get picture stutter on all channels, even on OTA's. I am running the 622 in single mode, using component and optical to my AV receiver.

Same problems here. What a pain in the a$$! I have found that this sometimes looses sound when going from DVR to live. Hope they fix soon, since my bill for this is higher than before!

I wonder if this has to do with the shipping of the receivers. Used to, the installer brought the receivers with him, which may have been a shipment of several at once to the Installers location on a truck. Now almost all of them get shipped to the subscriber via UPS and boy, they get thrown around there. I work in a Plumbing Wholesale Supply and see them coming in every day, with about 20 boxes of different stuff all the time. You don't wanna know how these boxes come flying out of the UPS vehicle, and then banging on the ground. You think, that makes a Satellite receiver with built in hard drive any better?

No problem here with my 622 and L3.55. These mysterious problems reminds me of all the problems we used to see with the VOOM STB, local OTA channel mapping and PSIP. My 622 is running in single user mode, HDMI, and DP-34 switch.

I also have mine in Single Mode, HDMI. The only way to get the audio back is to switch to the other tuner, or do a reset. Of course the solution to skip back is an option, but a pain.

Hope they are listening!