Problems with 622

Emma Peel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Hi,

I have been getting constant digital noise on channels and recordings with the 622. This mostly happens on the local channels (all the programs my wife records!) Basically the symptoms are massive pixelation and loss of portions of the program. Sometimes it will not be to bad and you can jump ahead 30 secs to get past it but sometimes we lose major sections of the recorded programs (up to 30 min at the worst case).

I am figuring this is due to one of two things.

One some unresolved software glitch with the 622. If this is the case is anyone else seeing similar problems? I have been looking through the forums and it does not seem like a bunch of people are complaining about issues like this but I have not read everything.

Two my dish (dish 1000) is poorly pointed or I am not getting the singal strength I need. If this is the case I can get up on my roof and try to point the dish a bit better myself. My question here is what satallites and what transponders do I need to check and make sure I have good signal strength on? I live in Los Angeles and have the Gold Package, HD and locals.

Any help would be appriciated.

One some unresolved software glitch with the 622. If this is the case is anyone else seeing similar problems? I have been looking through the forums and it does not seem like a bunch of people are complaining about issues like this but I have not read everything.

And BINGO was his name-o. I'm having the same issue on some of my recordings too. And I have great reception of the channels.

I have recently experienced a weird 622 problem when playing back an SD recorded program (from satellite.) Suddenly, the picture goes black and all I hear is static. The only way to get rid of it is to unplug the unit and let it reboot. It did it twice in a ten-minute period!
Meanwhile, I am still waiting for a label to return my 921. It's been almost 3 weeks since I activated my 622 and the label was supposed to be sent when the 622 was activated. Has anyone gotten their label?