Problems With 921 Help !!!

Dishman711

Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
:( I am trying to install a 921 / 311 / 311 using DPP44 and a DPP seperator
I plugged in 921 got menu started switch test reciever turned off and did not come back on . I unplugged it and tried again all I got was the HDTV logo on screen green light came on but never booted up and turned off on its own what am I doing wrong this is my first 1 I have installed

Welcome to sat guys...:) and the wonderfull world of the 921 married to the dpp44. How many Sats are hooked up? Do you have a dpp quad? or the new dpptwin? You might try bypassing the dpp44 at first( no seperator) and using 2 identical lines to it...(for software download) Simon should be along in a bit if this does not help.

I tried that ran two lines from DPP44 to 921 still same thimg I am also planning to hooked second 921 with 2 311

I used 1 and 2 the problem is it won't sty powered up green light comes on for about 40 seconds then shuts off no picture no menu do I just have a DOA

I got a new one coming tommorrow will try new 921 just wanted to check before I do so I dont have same problem what about the seperator planning to run two 921'sand the 2 - 311 and I'm using the seperators on the 2 921's what port should I use

Im far from an 921 expert... had mine since the price drop but if the identical feeds and a unplug for 30 seconds or the power button reboot does not work Simon should be on a little later or try Mark Lamatt at www.dbstalk.com he is the guru on these. (I hate to refer you to another site but he is the acknowledged king...) check out the posts here on the 921 forum first if you have not already, then there also....

Sorry I wasn't here earlier. :)

Many (all?) 921's do NOT have the DPPlus software when they come out of the box.

Bypass the DPP switch until it updates it's software. I'm gonna assume you've got a DP Twin driving the DPP44.

You might have to disconnect the feeds to get it to boot up at all - let it "settle" for a couple of minutes, then if you can only give it one feed, try input #2 - I've heard that's better than using #1. It's much better if you can run a temporary cable to get both tuners online - with identical configurations. Maybe set it up outside near the switch and use the one cable to just go from 921 to TV.

Hope this helps.

And poo on E* for shipping these things with the old software. :mad:

Thanx Simon actually thats exactly what I did and it worked great download took awhile had to do 1 at a time . Two 921's what a job but I'm glad it's done and working good :)