Problems With 942 And 625

Dave1997

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 21, 2005
When I'm Watching Programs On My 942 Receiver Or 625 Receiver It Just Shuts Off For No Reason At All. I'm Not Touching My Remotes, When It Shuts Off. I Like To Know If I Have A Defect Equipment Or Not.

That happened to me last week when they were pushing out firmware updates. After I reset the boxes and they rescanned for the satellites, everything has been okay. Both of these boxes have been MUCH more stable than my old VOOM box, and now I have 2 DVR's, one of which records HDTV!

Dave1997 said:
When I'm Watching Programs On My 942 Receiver Or 625 Receiver It Just Shuts Off For No Reason At All. I'm Not Touching My Remotes, When It Shuts Off. I Like To Know If I Have A Defect Equipment Or Not.
Do you have any neighbors with Dish equipment? :)

What is your update time set for? If the time is set near the same time it happened, it could have been the reason because 942 does shut down to do the regular updates.

This Evening 942 Did It Again. Something Checking With The Hardrive. Is It This Common With The Reciever.

I have the same set up but have not experienced what you described. However, my 625 makes a lot of noise at night (while I'am sleeping) even with the power off. Is this normal?

My daughter complains about the 625 noise at night also. It appears that Dish is filling the harddrive needlessly during the night for a feature that I will never use. It is annoying. I wish that we could OPT-OUT of the viral downloads at night.

something tells me if you set the auto update time on your receiver to be in the day (at some point when everyone's awake, but nobody's watching), you might be able to escape nightly noise :)

As for "crashing" in a show, is this when the HD is running? See if when this happens the HD is making any loud unusual clunking noises.