Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
We all know SatelliteGuys is normally your first stop for excellent Dish Network support, however I have found a site that does us one better, and it is run by Dish Network!

Not sure if this site is supposed to be public yet, but I feel it is so good the world should know about it.

http://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/index.shtml

Here you tell the portal which reciever you are having issues with,and the site will help you resolve your issues. It also tells you what all the error codes are and how to fix them.

This site appears to be aimed to the consumer as it say...
This website provides you with guided assistance regarding your DISH Network satellite system.

Make sure you bookmark this site. :)

Enjoy!!

They definitely designed their stylesheets and javascript for IE. I was able to navigate using Firefox's "View Source" well enough to find the problem "solutions" they are offering on this website. Useless. No need to reinstall IE to get at these gem's of tech support they're offering. Below are some cut-n-pasted solutions for different problems, all listed on just one webpage:

http://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/techquicpvrtroutext.html

Looks like no matter what the problem, the solution is always the same. This would be funny if it weren't so sad.

-----

# Power off the receiver with remote and wait 5 seconds.

# Unplug the power and plug it back in. (This clears the corrupted recording.)

# Power off the receiver and unplug the receiver from the electrical outlet. Wait 15 seconds, plug the receiver back into the electrical outlet and power the receiver on.

# Power off the receiver and unplug the receiver from the electrical outlet. Wait 15 seconds, plug the receiver back into the electrical outlet and power the receiver on.

# Unplug the power and plug it back in.

I went to bookmark it and it was already in my favorites. :confused:

Wednesday, Nov 17, 2004 at 5:10PM

I don't remember visiting it, but IE says I've been there 4 times.... Go figure... :cool:

Looked at one solution on that site. Clean Your Dish? How many have washed their dish? That's a new one on me. I guess if a really large bird left a deposit on an lnb eye maybe.

ByrdWatcher said:
Looked at one solution on that site. Clean Your Dish? How many have washed their dish? That's a new one on me. I guess if a really large bird left a deposit on an lnb eye maybe.

I wash the bird crap off of mine about once a year when I am out in the yard with the water hose. I just give it a shot while I am at it.

I like the fact that it lists all the error screen, and tells you what they are and how to correct the errors.

I also like that it lists all models, show photos and specs on all of them as well as screen shots of the menus.

It has some things that need improvement, but overall I am happy with it.

One of the first good things on the Internet that Dish Network has done. T hey deserve proper credit for it. :)

jlhugh said:
yes it does

Try selecting a receiver and the menu gets all screwed up and it doesn't show anything on the right column. I have the latest version of Firefox and it doesn't work, at least for me. :confused:

I really like that site. What I like the most is the interactive menus, if you don't have a receiver in front of you and don't remember the menus, you can help someone over the phone go through the menus.

Try driving through NY and taking a look at the dishes. There is bird sh*t all over them. Mostly from the pigeons. Those flying rats perch on the dishes and sh*t. Looks great.

So there is a real need to know how to clean a dish

Mark_AR said:
I went to bookmark it and it was already in my favorites. :confused:

Wednesday, Nov 17, 2004 at 5:10PM

I don't remember visiting it, but IE says I've been there 4 times.... Go figure... :cool:

I just went to add it too my favorites, and I got the same message.
I double checked before I said over write and it wasn't there.

Sounds like the programmer is playing with HTML and Java, or something.

Who knows !sadroll

However what a neat site. :D

Wow, this is pretty much a scaled down version of the same software we use on the call center floor at Echostar to support the system. Some of the things we have are missing, but that's understandable (security issues, etc). *I* wasn't even aware of this. Good find!

Problems With 942 And 625

PPV Movies and Events

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)