Problems with Caller ID and DVR510???

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
My DVR510 does not work with my caller ID service. Who else has problems with their 5xx caller ID?

My 811 and 301 both work with the caller ID in the house.

I called E* last week to see what they say and they sent me a new (reman) 510. After setting it up, it too didn't have a functional caller ID. I called back to E* to let them know this and they opened an uncommon trend report. I am returning the remanufactured 510 and keeping my original (new) 510.

My house has DSL service with the required filters, so In don't know if this is the problem. It is strange that the 811 and 301 work fine while the 510 doesn't.

Please report any problems you have with caller ID, and if you are a DSL subscriber.

gpflepsen said:
My DVR510 does not work with my caller ID service. Who else has problems with their 5xx caller ID?

My 811 and 301 both work with the caller ID in the house.

I called E* last week to see what they say and they sent me a new (reman) 510. After setting it up, it too didn't have a functional caller ID. I called back to E* to let them know this and they opened an uncommon trend report. I am returning the remanufactured 510 and keeping my original (new) 510.

My house has DSL service with the required filters, so In don't know if this is the problem. It is strange that the 811 and 301 work fine while the 510 doesn't.

Please report any problems you have with caller ID, and if you are a DSL subscriber.

I have the same problem w/my 508 the caller Id works for a couple of calls and then it stops.
I unplug the phone line, then unplug the receiver for a minute and plug the phone line in and then the receiver and It works ok again.

P.S.
I run the connection diagnostic and it says no phone connection, after I do my little dance it says phone connection O.K. :confused:

I think someone had a similar problem with a 508 and dish sent them a adapter of some sort.

My phone connection always checks OK. I've read where a grounding adapter on the power cord will help, but I already have a grounded power cord.

I have decided to RA the 510 and search out the 721. So far not too many here know what a 721 is.

A local dealer just called me to say it would be 1-2 weeks for a 721 to be shipped to him, then handed to me. Half the fun in life is getting new stuff :) The other half is having it work.

I have a 721 and the caller ID hardly ever works. All the calls show in the history, so it's obviously connected right and so forth, but the pop-up hardly ever comes up.

caller id ok no dsl

I can hook up the phone cord with or without the dsl filter and caller id and reciever functions work fine... You really dont need a filter for the reciever to work.. the filter just keeps out the obnoxious noises from the dsl....

However.... I have to keep my 510 unplugged from the phone line because my dsl will not work... I have 301's and the dsl is fine but for some reason with the 510 there it will not allow my dsl to get a connection to the central office.... strange

Stephen

nitstalker said:
However.... I have to keep my 510 unplugged from the phone line because my dsl will not work... I have 301's and the dsl is fine but for some reason with the 510 there it will not allow my dsl to get a connection to the central office.... strange

Stephen

Put the filter back on the 510. Your DSL will return to normal. I had the same problem when I forgot to use the filter.

That's a trick question. Since ALL Mets fans are crazy, no psychiatric therapy is needed.

Plus, there's no therapy better than a Mike Piazza 9th inning game-winning (or game tying) homer. I think we've had two of those already this season. :clap

Oh, I see, Mets as in Metropolitans. I was thinking METS as in Marine Equipment Trade Show. I'm a fan of the boat shows, especially the ones that have the casting tank. :) And beer gardens and the Rapala Lure Girls.

SAEMike said:
To prove your Mets fan status, Gary and I will have to see your detailed psychiatric bills, particularly from 1990-1998

I seems to remember a happy 1986 for Mets fans... if there are any fans that need threapy, it's Red Sox fans.

Now there's an interesting study... Ratio of Sports team to Zoloft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)