Problems with DirectTv installation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
it's Bois Blanc Island Michigan....Well there are at least 3 round trips a day by the ferry in June and 7 a day in July and August. I counted in 1 afternoon over 200 homes that had either DIRECTV or Dish so I don’t think that I asked for the impossible. I certainly am not blaming the installer. I think that the problem is the lack of communication between DIRECTV and the local installer and the CSRs that you talk with are failing to get the needed information to the installer.
Basically the same schedule from what I see, for Mackinac. Like my father used to tell me about excuses. They are like you know what. Everyone has one.

I wonder what the denial rate is for those that live over at Mackinac Island. Of course if they do no want to float in. They could always fly into the airport there.

Basically the same schedule from what I see, for Mackinac. Like my father used to tell me about excuses. They are like you know what. Everyone has one.

I wonder what the denial rate is for those that live over at Mackinac Island. Of course if they do no want to float in. They could always fly into the airport there.
Denial rate ...
I would think installers would love going there.

I don't know what this really means, as I stated before I truly believe that there is a lack between DTV and the installer, I just wish that we (the installer and myself) were able to communicate directly so that we are both working together.

Here is the response I got from DTV:
Thank you for writing us back regarding the issues you have had getting the service installed at your vacation home, I am sorry for the frustration this has caused and will be able to address your concerns today.

I want to assure you that we don't take these situations lightly, and I have forwarded your email to our management so we can keep problems like the ones you experienced from happening again. While we can't change the events that have transpired, we will do everything we can to move forward with you, and give you the best in class customer service that you deserve.

So that we can setup a good date and time to have another technician come out please call our sales department at 1-800-DIRECTV from 8:00 AM to 1:00 AM ET daily to get answers to your questions. One of our knowledgeable representatives will be available to assist you in setting up your installation.

I don't know what this really means, as I stated before I truly believe that there is a lack between DTV and the installer, I just wish that we (the installer and myself) were able to communicate directly so that we are both working together.

Here is the response I got from DTV:
Thank you for writing us back regarding the issues you have had getting the service installed at your vacation home, I am sorry for the frustration this has caused and will be able to address your concerns today.

I want to assure you that we don't take these situations lightly, and I have forwarded your email to our management so we can keep problems like the ones you experienced from happening again. While we can't change the events that have transpired, we will do everything we can to move forward with you, and give you the best in class customer service that you deserve.

So that we can setup a good date and time to have another technician come out please call our sales department at 1-800-DIRECTV from 8:00 AM to 1:00 AM ET daily to get answers to your questions. One of our knowledgeable representatives will be available to assist you in setting up your installation.
Hmm, usually they would give you a code to put in to get to a particularlar dept.

Can you talk to neighbors on the island with Directv to see who did their installs?
I live next to barrier islands on the Gulf that require a boat to get there. A local Directv/Dishnet retailer (they do both) normally handles the installs on the island, yes they cost extra, but they are local and knows the ins and outs of the area.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

After tons of emails and telephone calls the issue has been settled. DTV is issuing a $500, yes FIVE HUNDRED DOLLAR credit to cover costs of having the installer come my property for the install in July and the inconveniences caused. I hope they treat the installer as well as they have me. Thank-you for every ones advice and suggestions!

Reactions: Broe67
Woah! $500! I've never heard of that much in compensation. Good for you.

After tons of emails and telephone calls the issue has been settled. DTV is issuing a $500, yes FIVE HUNDRED DOLLAR credit to cover costs of having the installer come my property for the install in July and the inconveniences caused. I hope they treat the installer as well as they have me. Thank-you for every ones advice and suggestions!
Glad they finally addressed your issue, keep us updated when the install comes.

Woah! $500! I've never heard of that much in compensation. Good for you.
My guess is that whole island is DirecTV. Over on Mackinac, you do see homes with the dishes, but they are mainly hidden from direct view as you walk through neighborhoods.

My guess is that the installer that has been dropping the ball on this. Received a nice reprimand. Even if they are paid by the install. A place like where you live. A company does not want to lose that many customers. Because of one company not wanting to catch the boat.

Will do, time will tell. Keeping my fingers crossed.It's been a pain but hopefully worth the efforts.
Hope tyou get the thing done.
Now, I must ask....And I am certain you do not have the answer to this question...
Why on earth was it so bloody difficult to talk with the tech on the phone...To me, this is preposterous.
I spoke to 95% of my customers before I rolled to their job. I pre-called them all.
If your job was in my queue, it would have gotten done the first time. I simply would have made arrangements with my dispatch and informed my supervisor that I'd need to take a ferry to the job and had to be there at a certain time to meet the ferry. And I would be on the island well after the job was done to wait for the return trip. Please schedule my work accordingly on this day....Period. Done. Over. Simple.
For crying out loud, how does the painfully simple become so damned complex!!!!
UGH!!!
Hallelulja...Where's the Tylenol?!!!!!!

Now, I must ask....And I am certain you do not have the answer to this question...
Why on earth was it so bloody difficult to talk with the tech on the phone...To me, this is preposterous.
I spoke to 95% of my customers before I rolled to their job. I pre-called them all.
If your job was in my queue, it would have gotten done the first time. I simply would have made arrangements with my dispatch and informed my supervisor that I'd need to take a ferry to the job and had to be there at a certain time to meet the ferry. And I would be on the island well after the job was done to wait for the return trip. Please schedule my work accordingly on this day....Period. Done. Over. Simple.
UGH!!!
I gotta believe not all companies work that easily.
You have many companies that employees are graded basically by how many jobs you get done along with quality.
Many cannot afford to take that amount of time for fear of repercussions.

That said, I would have contacted the boss and let them handle who they wanted on the island for half the day.
That would have gotten done and the sub would be in business.

UGH!!!
This seems unrealistic working for my hsp...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts