Problems with Dish 1000 install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Vindicis

Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
I recently had a Dish 1000 installed with a 211, 625 (controlling two TVs) and a 311. After a few weeks I noticed an error would appear at times when I was watching the Voom channels or any of the movie type channels in the 300 range (HBO, etc.). The error was "004 - A problem has been detected with your switch. Please run check switch test from the point dish screen." The error would usually go away if I changed the channel or powered off the unit and returned to the channel that was causing the problem. At first this happened maybe once every 2weeks or so but it seems to be increasing in frequency now.

I thought it was only affecting the TV with the 211 but my wife started noticing her soaps she recorded during the day on the 625 would sometimes only record a few minutes of the program. Yesterday my wife was home for the day and the message appeared on the 625 while her soaps were on (nothing is worse then when Dish messes with the wife's shows). I was at work so I asked her to call the Dish 800 number on the error message screen. She called me 2 hours later and said that after 2 hours, the problem was fixed (of course she had no idea what she did or the tech did to fix it). No sooner then 10 minutes had passed when the message has returned. I called Dish and explained the issues have been occurring since the install of the Dish 1000 and they decided it was best to send a tech out. I'm worried that since the error is occurring at random times and on random channels, I won't be able to show the tech the problem and he'll just leave. Anyone have any ideas what might cause this so I can mention them to the tech?

Thanks in advance!

Find the power inserter and transformer thats powering the switch, this will be on a coax line that runs to port switch number one. Look to see if the transformer is plugged into an outlette, then check to see if there is a green led light on the transformer, next make sure the power cord is pushed into the outlette and the transformer securely. Follow the other power cord to the power inserter and check to make sure that the power cord is plugged securely into the unit, check the coax to make sure that the connections are finger snug on the ports also.

Once this is all done check to see if the issue continues, if so you can next turn off all receivers and unplug from the wall, do the same to the switches power supply and wait a minute then plug it back in and then do the same to the receivers and power them back up. As it stands it sounds like a bad switch but it also sounds like a connection issue as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts