PROBLEMS WITH DISH CW CHANNEL

rstaples312

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
Kentucky
Why does the CW channel in Lexington, Kentucky (sub channel to our local CBS affiliate 27-02) always have terrible digital video and audio breakup when my signal level shows 100%? I have called Dish several times and they have been no help.Dish actually phoned me at one point to say they saw problems with my signal. I was impressed that Dish followed up by sending a tech to check my setup. No problems were found by the tech but I continue to see a strong signal report but very poor video AND audio on my CW channel. The channel is 27-2 one of my local CBS sub channels.. TIA
Richard WB4SKF

It actually sound like a OTA multi path problem with the antenna system. How far are you from the TV stations if you are using a OTA ?

MY bad. I thought we were talking about a satellite delivered CW station. In my dma we had the CW uplinked and turned on and they placed it on channel 7. The picture quality was bad and the audio had lip sync issues. I emailed dishquality to tell them and received no reply. I finally contacted an older contact I had from echostar and he got on to the guy who does our locals and he fixed the channel. Same thing happened again a month later and once again I contacted the same guy at echostar and they fixed it again. So far it is good ,but I kept my timers for the ota version of the CW to back up my shows ,incase of satellite channel screw ups. Hope that next fall this is entirely fixed so I can use the satellite channel instead of the ota.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts