problems with DVD and DVR since hooking up new TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
OK, here is my setup:

Yellow/white/red cables hooked up in video 1 on DVR and UHF/VHF input on DVD
Green/blue/red cables hooked up in output component video on DVD and video in on TV
Coaxial cables (2) the one that comes from the wall is connected to 3-way splitter on DVR; the second cable is connected to ant. cable on TV and out plugin on DVD
My HDMI cable is connected to HDMI 2 slot on TV (this is what TV is set to) and other end in the DVR

Does this sound like the right hookups for everything?

The green, blue and red cables [component] hooked up in output component video on DVD and video in on TV are video only - there should be red and white plugs on that cable for audio that would need to be hooked up or you'll have no sound on those inputs/outputs.

Still not getting sound from DVD; still can't record from DVR to DVD

Hi everyone,

Thanks to those of you weighed in on my issue (see original from April 1) but I am still having the same problems. It's got to be something that's not plugged in right. Please read over my original description of exactly what is plugged into what, and let me what doesn't sound right.

From your receiver, do you have the red/white/yellow outs hooked up to the correct in's on the dvdr? How do you have the dvdr hooked up to your tv?

OK, here is my setup:
Yellow/white/red cables hooked up in video 1 on DVR and UHF/VHF input on DVD

They should be connected to the r/w/y input in the dvdr.

Green/blue/red cables hooked up in output component video on DVD and video in on TV

You need to connect the r/w audio cable from the dvdr to the correct in on the tv, or use an hdmi cable to connect the 2. You need to select the correct input on your tv. hdmi2 for the dvr and conncect the dvdr to hdmi1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)