Problems with KOMO-HD (Seattle) on Thu?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
ok, now two weeks in a row, I had both Lost and Grey's anatomy with the same issues, neither watchable. That is 2 weeks in a row, which is getting ridiculous.

I am going to have to call them.

Anyone else having the problem again?

Same problem here in Seattle tonight.

I saw it last week, wrote it off as a fluke, but when it happened again I hit the forum.

Yeah, saw it last night, in Seattle, too. Switched over to OTA and everything was fine. And as far as I could tell, the SD was fine, too. I don't care if it's an ABC+Dish issue, I want someone at KOMO to tell me what's going on; my repeated e-mails to them have gone unanswered.

I had an open ticket with Dish from last week, and I re-emailed them under the old ticket with the new information. I would encourage others to call too though, we need to get them to understand that it isn't a general receiver issue, it is specific to the HD sat feed of ABC. All my other channels work perfectly, and it is not an OTA problem.

Ditto all the above; Seattle KOMO HD recordings are unwatchable. Sort of nice to know it's "a known issue" though and not my receiver. I've lost "Lost" two weeks in a row now.

I don't watch anything else on ABC throughout the week - does anybody know if this is happening on other shows that aren't on Thursday nights?

I head back from Dish. Here is their reply:

"Thank you for your email. I’m very sorry. This is a known local channel issue that we are aware of and are working to resolve."

I hope this doesn't turn into a "he said/she said" situation where KOMO ABC blames Dish and Dish blames KOMO. If it does we could be out of luck for a long time. We already have the blame game going on with our local Fox affiliate here in Seattle, so if we can't watch Fox in HD, and we can't watch ABC in HD, then I am not getting a lot of value for my HD locals.

Here's hoping they figure it out soon.

Did anyone else notice the picture would clear up as soon as it switched to commercials? I didn't pay close enough attention to see if the commercials were SD or HD.

Did anyone else notice the picture would clear up as soon as it switched to commercials? I didn't pay close enough attention to see if the commercials were SD or HD.

I just finished trying to watch last Thursday's recording of "Lost" and it was bad during a few of the commercials also. Since I was jumping forward, I didn't really notice if it was only the HD ones.

Problems on Portland again as well-- 2 weeks of messed up shows. I sent an email to dish quality as recommended over a week ago and no response.

Seemed to work OK on Seattle (KOMO) last night for at least Grey's Anatomy and Lost. I didn't watch them LIVE, but fast forwarded through the recordings this morning and they looked OK. Anyone else?

It was fine here in Vancouver/Portland. Watched Ugly Betty, Grey's and Lost with no problems. Maybe they got it fixed?

P.S. I bought a Terk OTA antenna just in case and one night this week we saw the pixalation while watching OTA???

I was ready to watch the shows (Grey's and Lost) live tonight (I know, I am getting desperate, I watch NOTHING live) but the recordings were fine! :)

Whatever the issue was, it seems to be resolved now.

It was a strange issue, definitely just the one channel, and definitely only through Dish (not OTA). Hope it doesn't return.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)