Status
Please reply by conversation.

robosat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
North of Mexico
Hi guys.

I'm brand new in his forum as an Openbox S10 is with me. I installed it and found 3 problems :

1) Closed Caption doesn't work. I've already investigated this on the forums and found that maybe it would be fixed with a firmware update. Which firmware update should I use to fix this? (if so)

2) HD channels look great, but SD 480p channels don't look as well as with my old Pansat 2700A. Is there something to do with some firmware update in order to improve this image quality?

3) Openbox S10 shuts down and reboot each time it tries to activate the antenna motor. I reconnect my old Pansat and the motor works just fine. I've been reading about a guy who fixed this using and external power supply for the Openbox S10 (can't understand how they sell this equipment with this problem). Does anybody know some more about it?

I bought this Openbox 2 weeks ago, and I don´t know which firmware has it loaded (if you are going to ask me about it, please tell me how to check it. I've only seen several files on the screen, but no date or version numbers)

Thanks & Regards

If it has motor moving problems out of the box and is on 2 weeks old I would send it back for a refund.

I wasn't aware that CC worked with the S10, with any firmware.

There are newer faster boxes out there that work a lot better, and the microHD is one of them. Also guess what it does CC right out of the box and right on the HDMI! :)

Thanks K4est. I just bought this Openbox S10 because the store recommended as "a direct replacement for the Pansat" (I assumed it had CC and could move motors). Never told me it has some inconvenients, so i didn't search info about it ( Bad for me ).
Im going to try to exchange it for a microHD.

Just for the record : Does have any nice feature the Openbox S10 over the microHD? Is there something nice that the Openbox S10 has and microHD doesn't ?

No, the microHD does all the openbox does but much better and does a lot more stuff than the openbox.

I never saw closed captioning on true fta

I've seen plenty of CC out there on "true fta" as you call it

a few off the top of my head are LPB and 3ABN. Heck the other day a few college football games had it too (these were the wildfeeds)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)