Problems with new Hopper interface to align dish

1000.4 dish(only WA)?and 1000.2 dish(both EA and WA compatible)

The 1000.4 is also EA/WA compatible with an LNBF swap, the same as the 1000.2. The LNBF's are not the same as the 1000.2 though. I regularly switch our 1000.4 between arcs when necessary for aiming through holes in the trees, etc.

The 1000.4 is also EA/WA compatible with an LNBF swap, the same as the 1000.2. The LNBF's are not the same as the 1000.2 though. I regularly switch our 1000.4 between arcs when necessary for aiming through holes in the trees, etc.

I read in another forum at some point that 1000.4 was only WA. Good to know there’s an EA lnb for it. I’m assuming it’s less common though.

Reactions: pattykay
I read in another forum at some point that 1000.4 was only WA. Good to know there’s an EA lnb for it. I’m assuming it’s less common though.

The 1000.4 Eastern Arc hits the 61, 72 and the 77.
The 1000.2 Eastern Arc hit the 61 and 72.

What I wrote above were the azimuths for each individual Satellite, 61 and 72 and the azimuths for the different LNB'S, 1000.4 and 1000.2 to hit all the sat's

Reactions: NYDutch
eBay has several listings for both LNB's. As HipKat said, the 1K4 EA LNB is for all three sats, while the 1K2 LNB only sees two of them. Both WA LNB's see three sats.

The 1000.4 Eastern Arc hits the 61, 72 and the 77.
The 1000.2 Eastern Arc hit the 61 and 72.

What I wrote above were the azimuths for each individual Satellite, 61 and 72 and the azimuths for the different LNB'S, 1000.4 and 1000.2 to hit all the sat's

Not to go off topic too much, but what is the 77 sat used for?

Great question. It WAS for Latino programming but they moved that to one of the other 2 (Not sure which). I'm sure one of these guru's on here can answer that. I WISH they could put International programming on there. That would make life much easier in markets where HD locals are on EA

This link goes to a chart of the programming on the various Dish sats. Select the 77 sat and click on the "Generate" button to see the programming chart. Most of it is duplicated on the other two sats.

Dish Network Channel List by Satellite

I should mention that Dish has recently moved a lot of programming from 72.7 to 61.5, and The List has not been updated to reflect those changes yet.

Reactions: HipKat
Also, the 1000.4 Western Arc is all but obsolete. A lot of techs think you can swap a .2 Western onto a .4 dish, but the feed arm lengths are different so signals are not the same. Not too many people carrying .4 Western Arc equipment anymore

Great question. It WAS for Latino programming but they moved that to one of the other 2 (Not sure which). I'm sure one of these guru's on here can answer that. I WISH they could put International programming on there. That would make life much easier in markets where HD locals are on EA

That would certainly be nicer than having 2 dishes.

Reactions: HipKat
This link goes to a chart of the programming on the various Dish sats. Select the 77 sat and click on the "Generate" button to see the programming chart. Most of it is duplicated on the other two sats.

I should mention that Dish has recently moved a lot of programming from 72.7 to 61.5, and The List has not been updated to reflect those changes yet.

Ah, mostly SD equivalents. That would be good for people with legacy equipment, or people who don’t plan on going HD.

Ah, mostly SD equivalents. That would be good for people with legacy equipment, or people who don’t plan on going HD.
Yep, that does seem to be the situation. 77 does have another good aspect though for us mobile RV'ers. There are a number of local stations in different parts of the country that are CONUS beamed on 77, but spot beamed on the other sats, making it less necessary to have Dish change our services address as often as we move around the country.

I have a 1000.4 on my roof and EA. I have the triple LNB. I'd like to keep that 77 ability, just in case it might be useful to me one day.

But I realize if I have any Dish/LNB work done for any reason, I'll probably never see 77 again. Meh.

Reactions: pattykay
I have a 1000.4 on my roof and EA. I have the triple LNB. I'd like to keep that 77 ability, just in case it might be useful to me one day.

But I realize if I have any Dish/LNB work done for any reason, I'll probably never see 77 again. Meh.

Unless they add a wing dish for the 77, but that would need a switch for DPP

Here, try this one: Eastern Arc Channels on DISH Network (Unofficial Listing)

Reactions: NYDutch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)