Problems with NY NBC HD Tonight?

njjeepguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 19, 2004
New Jersey
Anyone else's NBC HD flaking out tonight? Just switched from HD to BAD SD and Back, Picture and audio dropouts.....

No loss of sat signal. Anyone else seeing this or is my 211's HDMI port getting ready to die?

Also seeing it on D*'s WNBC-DT feed. WMAQ-DT in Chicago gave up and went to the SD feed. Very depressing after all the build up for this in HD.

I think it's NBC's problem. Mine is breaking up OTA in Lexington, Ky and I ran over to AVS and people from all over the country are complaining.

shlin said:
NBC will blame the NE snow storm.

Most of the time the snow effects my satellite signal and not my OTA. Checked my other OTA stations and they were not affected, just NBC-HD. It's definately an NBC-HD problem. NBC-SD off satellite was fine.

On the Dallas NBC local news, the sportscaster said that there was a problem with the HD feed coming from NBC, and that "engineers in New York are working on it." Apparently more than a few people had been calling to complain. :)

shlin said:
NBC will blame the NE snow storm.
It probably is the snowstorm, NBC does not use as robust a sat transmission system as the other networks. I believe they use ku band equipment which is the same type Dish and DirecTV use to send signals to your STB.

I had the same thing here in UTah with my OTA antenna. There were glitches, it went black for a few seconds a couple of times, then they switched over to SD. During the SD time, they ran an anouncement across the bottom that there was a problem with their network, and that they were working to fix it as soon as possible.

After about an hour or so, it went back to HD, but still was having the glitch and black screen problems, but I didn't mind.

Breakup received from NBC at our station, but it was sent that way. THe local receiver did not show breakup, which means it happend before the NBC uplink and was probably somewhere between the Olympics and NBC NY.

Las night at about 9 NBC was flaking out in Rockford IL, OTA also. It must be the station/network bc i was at 75%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)