problems with one transponder

tibs

Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Minnesota
Hey guys,

I live in a condo with Dish Network. It is carried by a 3rd party Multiple Dwelling Unit company. They use a QAM system for us because the building was pre-wired already. So I have a Qbox (which I believe converts the signal to QPSK) and then my VIP211k receiver is connected to the Qbox.

My problem: I am having problems with sat. 119 transponder # 17. All the channels in this transponder keep pixelating and dropping. The signal I get for this sat. & transponder fluctuates between 90 - 95. It stays green and in the 90 range, and sporadically will drop and come right back. I'd say it keeps a solid signal for about 10 seconds straight, then drops for a second, then comes back solid again.

Any ideas what is causing this? I have an appointment for the tech to come in a week, so just curious in the meantime. Customer Service had me to a hard reset and that did not work.

tibs said:
Hey guys,

I live in a condo with Dish Network. It is carried by a 3rd party Multiple Dwelling Unit company. They use a QAM system for us because the building was pre-wired already. So I have a Qbox (which I believe converts the signal to QPSK) and then my VIP211k receiver is connected to the Qbox.

My problem: I am having problems with sat. 119 transponder # 17. All the channels in this transponder keep pixelating and dropping. The signal I get for this sat. & transponder fluctuates between 90 - 95. It stays green and in the 90 range, and sporadically will drop and come right back. I'd say it keeps a solid signal for about 10 seconds straight, then drops for a second, then comes back solid again.

Any ideas what is causing this? I have an appointment for the tech to come in a week, so just curious in the meantime. Customer Service had me to a hard reset and that did not work.

Problem is likely at the headend DISH transcoder on premises- they are notorius for having SNR issues and thus digital dropouts. Especially if there have been cooling issues in the headend

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts