problems with pause/skip/ff and remote with 722

MartyB

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2005
Elwood, IN
I'll try to keep this as brief and descriptive as possible...here's the deal.... it seems that with anytime I pause a program that I'm watching in real time and then go back to play, the dvr won't pick up at the paused spot, but rather, it will go directly to "live tv" ... also, when watching recorded programs, when I try to "skip ahead" or fast forward, the program will freeze, or go soundless and just skip randomly even after just going to "play". another, possibly un-related problem that has started in the same timeframe is the response time from when i push a button on the remote to when the 722 actually responds. Where it used to be instant, these days it seems like a 3-5 second lag is the norm... rather annoying. I have a vip722, and it hasn't done this until maybe that last few weeks or so. Anyone else having this issue? is my 722 dying a slow death? or is it software related? (currently have L618)

I have had an issue with my 722 since I had it that if I pause it and skip back or forward, I cannot remember the sequence on how I do it but when I would press play it would skip back to where I have to skip forward like 12 times to get it back to where I was at and it has done this several times. How annoying.

Ended up contacting tech support through online chat....they had me do a few things and determined that I needed a replacement. Hate losing all the recorded programs, but, be better than having the faulty equipment.

Ended up contacting tech support through online chat....they had me do a few things and determined that I needed a replacement. Hate losing all the recorded programs, but, be better than having the faulty equipment.

Might be a good time to get a external hard drive for for ur new 722, that way U can save them to the external drive and not lose them, just a thought!!

This major skip back after a pause and some minor skips has been with us for about a year.
Some!! times you can improve on it by doing a few skip forwards (while paused) or using fast (rather slow) forward and reverse instead of skips. So it is not just your recorder as I have seen it on my 622/722/722 recorders and have somehow put up with it although I hate that big skip.
-Ken

I've seen all noted here and I'll add one of my own....

Forward skip is 30 seconds and backward skip is 10 seconds, or it is most of the time. There are times when I cannot get it to do a backward skip. Instead, when I press backward skip, it does a forward skip, but for 10 seconds (the right duration, but the wrong direction). The only way to go back is to use the fast reverse. I notice this with almost all recorded episodes of "How I Met Your Mother" on CBS. I've had it happen with other shows, but not very often. Restarting the recording doesn't help. Once it happens, I can't skip backward for the duration of the recording.

hmmm... with all that being said... when I get the replacement unit, can I just send that same one back to them? I thought about the external hard drive option, but think the $40 activation fee is crazy... but, am still considering it. Thanks for all the info guys.

hmmm... with all that being said... when I get the replacement unit, can I just send that same one back to them? I thought about the external hard drive option, but think the $40 activation fee is crazy... but, am still considering it. Thanks for all the info guys.

They sent me a replacement before to fix a problem with getting no sound from OTA recorded programs. Before the unit arrived it was noted here that the problem was software and not hardware. When the replacement unit arrived, I opened it, removed the return lable, stuck the return label on it and sent it back. I did this because I wanted to make sure it got to the correct place (just in case the sent from address was different from the send to). I followed that up with a call and all was well.

I did the same thing with a 721 they sent me, after I fixed a problem they said could not be fixed. I really enjoyed that 721, even though 6 or 7 of them floated thru my home over the years. The ViP722, obviously, is much better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)