Problems with Programming Remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsiebold

Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Lancaster, PA
Hey guys. Pretty new to the forum, so bear with me. Anyway, I believe my question is rather easy. I tried to set up my D* remote to control my AV Receiver, as this controls the volume on all of my equipment, but rthe receiver. My receiver is a Sony and according to the directions I followed, it states there are 15 codes. Unfortunately, it lists the first 6, but then it cuts off the others and I cannot figure out how to locate the other 9 codes. There are no directions on how to locate the others:confused:.....any help?

No, you can not get your receiver to show the other codes, its a bug.

sony receivers either use two different codesets, AV1(old) & AV2( factory default). Has nothing to do with av1 & av2 on the white remotes. The codes for AV1- 31058, and AV2- 31758. Once it powers the receiver to get the volume commands: First there has to be a tv code programmed to the tv device, or the volume keys won't work. Then:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

No, you can not get your receiver to show the other codes, its a bug.

sony receivers either use two different codesets, AV1(old) & AV2( factory default). Has nothing to do with av1 & av2 on the white remotes. The codes for AV1- 31058, and AV2- 31758. Once it powers the receiver to get the volume commands: First there has to be a tv code programmed to the tv device, or the volume keys won't work. Then:

1. av1 or av2
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

OK, now I don't feel like an idiot. I do have the TV programmed, as it is a Sony, so what you stated above should work....I will let you know, thanks again!

Well, that was exactly correct:). Now my "white" remote controls everything. I have been reading the threads for a month now, since I left Comcast for D* in September to get the great deal as a new sub for the Sunday Ticket. I have a brand new Sony KDL-46W3000 and love it. It demands HD or I am not giving the TV its just due, and the info I have gotten on this website has been amazing:exclamati. I look forward to future correspondence with all of you:wave......good day!

I have a similar question regarding an a AV reciever its a Yamaha reciever and I cant get my D* remote control the volume. Does anyone know if Yamaha recievers work with D* remotes?

I have a similar question regarding an a AV reciever its a Yamaha reciever and I cant get my D* remote control the volume. Does anyone know if Yamaha recievers work with D* remotes?

You can get the volume to work, but not both ON & OFF power commands. With yamaha use of two-key power scheme and the lone power key the white remote one of the commands will always be missing.

To get the volume, use code 30176. With a Tv code programmed to the tv device, or the volume keys won't work, to the volume:

1. av1 or av2 whichever has code 30176
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press VOL UP

If you prefer the yamaha volume in all devices

1. av1 or av2
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)