Problems with select HD feeds

M Law

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 30, 2003
I have to assume it's just my system and not a provider problem, as there's no thread giving detailing, but my 6000 works on all HD channels except for both the east and west CBS and PBS channels. There's a message box that keeps popping up on the CBS channels that states, "Your SmartCard does not currently have authorization to view or purchase this program. Please wait or channel up or down." The PBS stations just sit in black.

Ran a switch check and did a soft reset, but no change. Don't know the transponder schemes so don't know if I'm having problems related to the one or multiple transponders.

Any ideas guys of what is up?

Guess I'll be calling the broker tomorrow for suggestions unless you guys can point me in the right direction.

Found a thread on DHC that says that as of the 27th certain channels are unavailable if you do not have the new smart card. Should have known that was the problem. Channel 814 it gives the details. What a pain.

Guess I'll call the broker tomorrow and see what the story is on the new card. No doubt it won't be here any time soon. Wife's gonna go nuts when I tell her no survivor this week. Pray for me!

Called my broke today who said they will work on it and get back to me. They did not have the smart card, and were going to have to call Bell.

That's a good suggestion about Survivor, so simple. I often forget I can look for a show on other channels. It's those years of conditioning of a first run show only being on one channel. Thanks for reminding me!