Problems with signal in Alaska

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JoeyK

Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
Anchorage, AK
Hey there,

I'm new to the forum, but I've been searching for answers online and I stumbled across this place.

I live in Anchorage, AK and I have a lot of trouble getting the HD channels. Line of sight is good, as far as signal strength, not exactly sure what I'm looking at.

But all non-HD channels come in fine.

I had someone come out, and replace the LNB and re-shoot the dish. But still the problems with the HD channels continue.

Any ideas?

Please provide your signal strengths for all satellites.

What dish do you have?

I was going to ask about the dish, also. In Alaska you need a bigger dish than the regular Slimline.

It's a 3 1/2 foot dish I believe, it's not a Slimline, we had the Slimline dish when I lived in Seattle.

How do I look to see the signal strength for a sats?

I'm a little confused lol.

I get signal on:

99 (a) - 97
103 (b) - 94
101 - 97

I get nothing on 110 or 119, 103a, 99b.. Maybe those sats don't work in Alaska?

All transponders are 85 or higher (almost all are in the mid 90's.)

I get nothing on 110 or 119, 103a, 99b.. Maybe those sats don't work in Alaska?
I'm in Hawaii. I used to get some channels on 110 and 119, but D* now has all the regular English language channels as MPEG4 signals from the three locations 101, 103, 99, so they disconnected my 1.2 meter dish that was pointed at 110/119, and now I have a single 1.2 meter dish pointed at 101, 103, 99. At the same time, a little over a year ago, they gave me a SWM5 switch, which sends all the signals from the dish down a single cable and does not require BBCs. Before that change, I could not get both HD channels through the BBCs and certain SD channels. I don't know whether this special problem affected Alaska as well as Hawaii, but it might have.

It will be more likely that someone here can make a useful suggestion if you give more information about your set up and your problem. What model receiver do you have? Do you have BBCs attached at the back? Do you have one antenna cable attached or two? What are all the signal levels for all the transponders for all the satellite locations? What channels do you fail to get and what do you see on screen when you try to view them?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts