problems with Speed Channel HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Willh699

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2009
Campbell, TX
i noticed lately on Speed Channel's HD feed, it's looks like it's not working right. as in the audio sounds like it skipping and the video looks weird as in every few seconds or minutes the video looks like it's choppy like the video is looking like it would right before you lose signal of the channel.

it's only Speed channel doing it, not any other channel, as i noticed it during the 1 AM (Central Standard Time, which is my timezone) replay of NASCAR Race Hub the last couple of weeks and as well as today's opening practice session for Tomorrow's Bud Shootout at Daytona.

anyone else watching Speed Channel HD notice this, and is it only on the 129 bird or is it happening on the other HD birds with Speed HD on it (as in is it happening on the Eastern Arc, as i'm maybe on the Western Arc, as i get my channels on 110, 119, and 129).

and to the Dish Network Internet Response Team, can you guys let me know if it's a problem with the Speed HD feed from the Uplink center or just my Dish.

Last edited:
You are 100% not alone and correct. Their is a ton of artifacting/pixilation and resultant audio glitching. It appears to be a compression issue and appears on all 4 of my HD boxes.

Hopefully they get it fixed soon, a Lota roundy round coming!

Looking at the current channel issues list I don't see this is a known problem yet. Can you guys PM your account number or phone number so we can fill out a problem report?

Looking at the current channel issues list I don't see this is a known problem yet. Can you guys PM your account number or phone number so we can fill out a problem report?

well i'm not the one in my house hold paying for Dish, i live with 4 other people and one of them is paying for it, so i have to decline on PM you my account number as it's not really my account.

It is just to give our back office the specifics on the issue, if you're uncomfortable I completely understand. All I should really need is the receiver caid number and the software version if you'd like, you can pull that up by pressing menu twice. If your not comfortable doing this online, feel free to call in and we can take care of it by phone as well.

speed hd problems

I've had the same issue with Speed HD. And its only that channel that has the choppy picture. Lots of pixels and sound issues. Its the only channel ill be watching the next couple of weeks now that NASCAR has started up again in Daytona. Sure would like to see some improvment with this channel.

Willh699 said:
i noticed lately on Speed Channel's HD feed, it's looks like it's not working right. as in the audio sounds like it skipping and the video looks weird as in every few seconds or minutes the video looks like it's choppy like the video is looking like it would right before you lose signal of the channel.

it's only Speed channel doing it, not any other channel, as i noticed it during the 1 AM (Central Standard Time, which is my timezone) replay of NASCAR Race Hub the last couple of weeks and as well as today's opening practice session for Tomorrow's Bud Shootout at Daytona.

anyone else watching Speed Channel HD notice this, and is it only on the 129 bird or is it happening on the other HD birds with Speed HD on it (as in is it happening on the Eastern Arc, as i'm maybe on the Western Arc, as i get my channels on 110, 119, and 129).

and to the Dish Network Internet Response Team, can you guys let me know if it's a problem with the Speed HD feed from the Uplink center or just my Dish.

Same here. On western arc. It would have to happen during speedweeks.

Well, everyone else seem to be in the clear today? World of difference vs the last couple of days. I watched about 5 hrs today and all in the clear.

Phil

yes, i noticed it was working normally today, i was watching the Daytona 500 practice and ARCA race on Speed and not a single problem today, looks like they fixed it.

I did see problems during Nascar coverage and sent pictures to dishquality@echostar.com.

Daytona Practice 004.jpg

Daytona Practice 002.jpg

Daytona Practice 001.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts