Problems with SV8000HD and SG2100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcrunch

Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
Hey, all.

I just bought this receiver last Wednesday, (received it Friday). I spent all weekend trying to get it to work with the rest of my system, with no luck. I have a Digipower SG2100 motor (and a Hotdish 90), but the SV8000HD won't drive it reliably. My cable is fine, a good quality RG6. Correct voltage (18+ Horizontal, anyway--I didn't check the Vert) reaches the motor, which shows the green light for power.

Each time you tell the SV8000HD to go to a new satellite/TP, the motor tracks from where it was prior (set with a different receiver, on a different satellite), and moves it to about 20 degrees east of due south. Trying to move to another saved transponder on a different satellite won't move the dish from this spot.

I've reset the motor (repeatedly), and used both the stock and the 4.43 bin, and no combo of any of these results in this receiver moving the dish, using either USALS or 1.2. My old receiver (Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra) still moves the dish reliably using this motor.

Does anyone know of any problems with this combo, or is there an updated bin that works with motors (and this one in particular) better, or am I missing a setting somewhere (limits, reference position?)? Please advise--I don't want to have to send it back, I like the features--but it has to drive a motor well--and I only have a week to send it back.

If this has been answered elsewhere here on the forum, I apologize--I couldn't find an answer anywhere, either here or elsewhere on the internets ;).

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

i dont know what your specific problem is....but all i can tell you is i have used a SV8000 with the SG2100 motor in the past and mine worked perfectly....

Erase the motor's memory, do a factory reset on SV8000 to erase the STB's memory. Reset you East/West limits using the menu on your Sv8000, then set you southern most sat using USAL selection from same menu. The rest should be easy.

Thanks for the tips. I actually got it to track and lock transponders using 1.2 late last night. (Tracked from Galaxy 28 @ 89 degrees W to Galaxy 18 @ 123 degree W, and back.) Could this be a problem with my USALS setup?

When I set the limits east and west, does this affect both USALS and 1.2, or just the one of those you're on when you set them?

I'm kind of scared to try USALS again for fear that it will wig out again.

I've set the limits from the 1.2 motor page for the two furthest E and W sats I can see. Is this the way to do it?

Thanks again.

Is the receiver used? If so, that could be the problem. The receiver thinks you're on a particular sat and your motor is actually pointed elsewhere. That is probably why it is way off using USALS. Like Phoxx said, the only way to correct this is to erase the receiver's memory. Also, reset the motor. Find your true south satellite and go from there. I have the exact same setup and the Sonicview and 2100 get along perfectly. I find this receiver to be very user friendly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)