Problems with the Samsung Blu-Ray player!!

JoeSp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 11, 2003
Where can I start?

Has problems with the HDMI output -- componet looks better.

Has Problems with matching video and audio to the correct frame,

Bad colour reproduction.

Instead of passing 1080i out to HD monitor the Samsung runs the video thru the Faruodja processor then out thru the HDMI port.

Crushes whites and blacks!

Hey, and for just $1000 DOLLARS you can get one! And you guys want to believe that any current report about differances between Blu-Ray and HD-DVD can be acurately portrayed using the Samsung player as a legit representative of Blu-Ray abilities.

Every one of the above problems that in differant reviews have come up about the Samsung Blu-Ray player and the Blu-Ray movies has been written before about EVERY ONE OF SAMSUNG'S DVD PLAYERS!!!

I will wait till Sony or Pioneer brings out their Blu-Ray players and then I hope all these reviewers take another look at Blu-Ray and what it can do. If Sony hasn't got its act together by then, we will all be looking at HD-DVD. Until then, any Blu-Ray review using a sorry Samsung Blu-Ray player is just fodder. You are reading these reviews only because other companies (especially Sony) have not brought out their players. I suspect things will change when that happens. :)

As I said, "we will all be looking at HD-DVD." Until then, the jury is still out. Sony is not stupid and they know how to read. Most of these reviews using the Samsung will be a thing of the past when the other Blu-Ray players come out. And besides, I am glad that HD-DVD is doing well. That will definately improve the competition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts