Problems with tonight 10/15 NY metro RSN's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

austen0316

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Robbinsville, NJ
tonight same problem, trying to watch islanders at flyers not available, same thing with thrasher at rangers. the flyers game was on here last night, And I should be getting the ny teams anyone else with the problem?

Same here!!!! I hate to say this but Communistcast Cable here I come. I live in NJ and they tell me on the phone just now that there was a memo today that I can not get Islander games anymore because of my zip code. So I magically moved to my grandfathers address while I was on the phone to NY State. But still no game so this is all just bull S_it line they are feeding us.

Stratford CT here

Rangers on (but on centre ice)
Bruins on (but on centre ice)
Isles blackout (centre ice too)
Devils blackout (centre ice too)

Hockeyfan16 said:
Stratford CT here

Rangers on (but on centre ice)
Bruins on (but on centre ice)
Isles blackout (centre ice too)
Devils blackout (centre ice too)

Cheshire Ct here
Rangers on MSG
Bruins on NESN
Islanders blacked out on FoxNY

Chip

austen0316 said:
that makes no sense you can watch rangers but not islanders or devils

Sense? You're trying to make sense out of it? ;)

Chip

ok an update.

Isles and Devils have now both appeared on FSN and FSN 2 respectivly.

Isles are also on Centre Ice, Devils are not.

I hope its all fixed now....

raoul5788 said:
Cheshire Ct here
Rangers on MSG
Bruins on NESN
Islanders blacked out on FoxNY

Chip

Islanders are now on!

Chip

Been trying to watch the Buffalo Sabres since opening night. The NHL says I live in the Penguins area thus the Sabres should be viewable on CenterIce. DirecTV says that based on my zip code I flat out can't watch the Sabres. Requested a written copy of the "new" blackout rules from DirecTV and the NHL. I think Tuesday I'm contacting the appropriate authorities in PA (Attorney General, Better Business Bureau, etc....)

I started a thread on 10/13 regarding the same issue.

Had the same problem on 10/15. After another two lengthy calls to D*, they finally told me the dispute is between MSG and D*. The two parties have not agreed on a contract to show the games live in the local NY market.

One thing the CSR mentioned that really disturbed me was that the games would not be available on Center Ice if I were to subscribe! So let's get this straight:

1. No hockey last season
2. No Rangers/Devils/Islanders in local NY market (I live in central NJ, but am in NY market)
3. No hope via Center Ice

THIS SUCKS!!!!!

I've gotten the 10/13 and 10/15 Ranger games no problem.

10/13 Isles and Devils were blacked out

10/15 Isles and Devils were turned on halfway through.

I guess it is only for certian area codes.

cable is local to your area so you always see what's being shwon in your area. DirecTV programs for a whole nation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)