Problems with Tp V -3920 on AMC -18 (105.0W) Since new FW 0.9.5301 Installation?

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Not sure if this is just a coincidence, but since installing new FW 0.9.5301 I have noticed a lot on breakup on Tp V-3920 on AMC - 18 / 105.0W for the channels: Recipe TV, Cars TV, Pets TV, ES TV, etc. Other channels on 105.0W ie NBC, & Universal Sports seem to be fine. Some other Satellites I checked ie 99.0W are okay so far.

I hope this does not mean I have to go back to a previous version of FW. Has anyone else noticed this problem with those 5 channels on Tp 3920 on 105.0W with the new FW?

Hi jsattv,

Strange you've had no replies yet. I was trying for that TP earlier today, and had only limited luck with getting a signal lock.

Firstly, I had FW 5301 loaded in my Premium-HD, but went to 5300 this morning because of the box locking up (not responding to remote).

Secondly, those channels sounded interesting, so I tried for them when I first read this thread. My 10' mesh pulls in TP 3780 quite well, but found nothing
at all on TP 3920.

While browsing the AZBox forum on the locking-up problem, I came across a few posts regarding 8PSK signals and how sensitive the receiver is to the
TP frequencies. The suggestion was to re-enter the TPs in steps higher and lower than what Lyngsat or SatHint give, eg; 3918, 3919, 3921 etc..

Still no joy, I even tried the same with the symbol rates (yawn). Next I reset to 3920 V 30000, Pilot=1, and started playing with the FEC. Sathint calls for 8/9, but I
was http://www.satelliteguys.us/member.php?u=50099http://www.satelliteguys.us/member.php?u=50099getting orange bars with 5/6 and 7/8, but only for 3 or 4 seconds at a time (intermittently). It wouldn't stay locked long enough to run a TP scan.

I'm thinking, since we get good 8PSK signals from the other TPs, it must be a loose wire on the grapple grommet or something, up at the satellite.

Did you try any previous FW versions yet? I haven't, but if it works for you, I'll give it a go too.

Good luck, catch ya later!

Upnatm, thanks a lot for the reply. As I just mentioned in C Band section, I previously had that Tp and those 5 great HD channels solid and clear on 105.0W on C Band, with no breakups at all with older Firmware 5209. Right now I have S = 70 and Q = 90 on Tp 3920, but when I look for a few minutes in Settings the S Signal Level seems to drop out at times. This seems to have only occurred with the new 3501 FW. Hate to go back to 5209. Does anyone know if there will be problems with my Azbox if I go back & try to reinstall the older 5209 Firmware? Will I lose YouTube again?

Does anyone know if there will be problems with my Azbox if I go back & try to reinstall the older 5209 Firmware? Will I lose YouTube again?

In the sticky area download the Az users guide.
There is a section there for a step by step procedure to downgrade if you have never done it before.

As for the you tube thing, if you use version 0.9.5020 or lower you can then install the you tube fix which is in the az guide on page 54 which will give you directions on what to do.
I have version 0.9.5020 on my receivers and I still watch you-tube with that fix.
I do not believe the fix will work on version 0.9.5209 or later.
But then I have not tried it on that version.

There is a section there for a step by step procedure to downgrade if you have never done it before.

As for the you tube thing, if you use version 0.9.5020 or lower you can then install the you tube fix which is in the az guide on page 54 which will give you directions on what to do.
I have version 0.9.5020 on my receivers and I still watch you-tube with that fix.

Thanks a lot for the info Stargaze. I didn't realize there was a procedure when Downgrading Firmware - (I have used your great instructions for Upgrading FW), I'll have a look on page 54 in your Excellent Version 3 Guide & likely go back to FW 5209 to see if those 5 HD Channels on 105.0W stop breaking and tearing up.

Thanks a lot for the info Stargaze. I didn't realize there was a procedure when Downgrading Firmware - (I have used your great instructions for Upgrading FW), I'll have a look on page 54 in your Excellent Version 3 Guide & likely go back to FW 5209 to see if those 5 HD Channels on 105.0W stop breaking and tearing up.

That you tube fix has been out for awhile now for any version lower than 0.9.5209. The thumbnail pics do not always show, just the text and a blank picture box but it plays just fine even after you tube made some changes to it system.

I like to use it to see the latest videos from the Middle East where they are having the fighting going on since the local news does not give it much coverage.

Stargaze did I miss something, ie since the latest Version of your guide only goes to page 38 that is there is no page 54?? From what I read though was that I erase the newest Version FW from my USB Stick and load up Version 5209 again, then when AZbox asks for the Version I want to Upload I choose 5209, then procede like a normal upgrade?

Stargaze did I miss something, ie since the latest Version of your guide only goes to page 38 that is there is no page 54?? From what I read though was that I erase the newest Version FW from my USB Stick and load up Version 5209 again, then when AZbox asks for the Version I want to Upload I choose 5209, then proceed like a normal upgrade?

The az user guide info on the you tube fix was what was on the old manual page 54 now it is on page 45.

The question and answer guide is what is now 38 pages long.

My original answer before was for the you tube fix on older firmware versions, if what your asking is for the instructions on downgrading a FW I believe that info is near the beginning of the manual but right off the top of my head not sure which page.
It may be part of the upgrade process that was written.
I know it is one that Radar wrote up as I have used it myself several times.

If you can not find it let me know and I'll look into it more when I catch a break around here.

No information was removed, the guide was split and the question and answers were put into their own file as some really liked that and it was growing too large to keep into the main user guide without causing some problems with the file on my end when doing an update to it.

I was looking at the question and answer guide and found on page 16 of that guide the information named......

Taking the receiver to a lower firmware upgrade number?

It was one I wrote up while on the phone with Radar one night discussing some things about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)