Prof now Advance Tune ???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

crackt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2007
101w up north.
went to the prof tuner website today and noticed a name change. they are now talking about "at engine 2.0 blind scan interface" and all models up to 8000 are being called archival. they list 2 new models under the at engine 2.0 page. hope the blindscan support for the 7301/7500/8000 hasnt gone kapoof.

crackt out,.

guapoharry, Okay, I'll give to you (and world market) the key comments.

1. In the past, we are working with TBS/Tenow develop hardware and organized production. It was no secret. We even used the bank account TBS/Tenow in the Hong Kong bank. This was less well known. And also I used a digital signature TBS for our x64 drivers.
2. This summer, we terminated partnership with TBS/Tenow.
3. TBS/Tenow (in conjunction with one of my ex-partner) decided to continue production under the brand Prof. TBS have our joint development of hardware (PCB project).
4. In the past, TBS has already had a similar experience selling "clones". They offered a DVB-card Twinhan, which themselves had previously worked.
5. Prof - brand, which is not registered and can not be registered. Any company can produce products under this brand.
6. I had two ways for further work: to continue to use the brand Prof Revolution, or to make a completely new brand, to engage in its development (software) and promotion (marketing, articles, reviews, testing, etc.).
7. Of course, I spent several years my life in the development of the brand Prof. But I'm easier to develop a new brand. I do not want many years to explain to customers/dealers what Prof from my company different from the Prof from TBS. And so I decided to go for a more hard way and re-branding. The key idea: a trademark for this market is not important as product quality and distribution.
8. Now my main goal: to create a product that will be better than my previous product (Revolution, Red Series, more older brands).

9. Prof Tuners (Group) / PTG - a virtual company, which has never existed. This is one myth that I created as marketing man and project manager.
10. Rick wrote in his forum: «The company had an internal break up and Stephen is no longer with the original company and he had control of the website and took it with him.»
a) In reality, Rick made two payments to the account of Tenow/TBS in Hong Kong. That's TBS/Tenow Rick calls «original company» in his forum.
b) Prof - not the first brand of DVB-cards, which I do. I thought prof-tuners.com and domain always belonged to me. For the project Prof I served as project manager. And continue to perform. I just changed the name of the product.

I do not want to go into further details of the conflict. I propose to close this question.

Conclusions on the product line:
1. Supporting Revolution and Red Series will be some time (will be issued drivers and software).
2. Good Blind Scan on Revolution Series is impossible. We spent a few months and came to the conclusion that the only possible bad Blind Scan. And we can not bring to market a software product of poor quality.
3. For us, Prof, PTG, Prof Tuners, Revolution - obsolete name. This past. In the untwisted me (and my colleagues in marketing in different countries) trademark will still try to earn. Well, let them do it.

Rick has already done it when he recently bought a few boxes Revolution Series for the sake of short-term profits. Rick - it sells. It will sell what is in demand. Rick does not understand the technical features of the product. I - marketing. My task is to convene the products that "sell themselves". So no more comments about the rebranding. We and my team will devote our time and efforts to the next generation DVB-cards.

P.S.
Some people with satellite Forums United States know more technical details about our new products. But they have promised is not to write about it on the forums yet. They will have prototypes of new products prior to their mass production. They promised to help with testing on the USA satellites.

No more comments.
Please do not ask questions via the forum or private messages. Please do not be offended that I will not answer. I really have no time.

I will respond to those with whom I spoke earlier by email. Please write to e-mail.

Last edited:
I know that Stephan will not respond but bad Blindscan is better than no Blindscan IMO :) Very disappointing to see that no futher work will be done on the blindscan project (atleast that is what I am assuming from his post). While I absolutely love the tuner, my personal decision to purchase the Prof 7500 was due to the promising notion of Blindscan support. I can't necessarly hold that to Prof since there was no guarantee that they would offically support it and if they have truely tried to and failed, so be it. If they gave it their all, then I can live with that. It was my decision to buy the product without the interface released first. What is weird is that the "new" advanced-tuner webpage still advertizes the Blind scan interface with the same DVB progs that will support it (New updates are gone now from the old site).

So I guess what I'd like to know if BS on the Prof 7500 (or 7301/8000) for windows truly dead (believe Linux was already a side project by other members)? Or is it that Stephan is no longer supporting it since it sounds like he is moving on to producing another line of DVB cards?

Thank you for replying.

I am not so concerned about any business conflict.

What interests me is direction of the team (core group: brains or talent) that produced the Revolution series. For future products, (and if there is any future support for existing products) if they continue on with the good (IMO) track record.

Last edited:
Blindscanning with the 7301 and 7500 can be made to work rather well on Linux. After all Pansat used the same demod in their S2 Plus card for the 9200HD, which works fine for me in the S2 scan mode. Unfortunately I have not been able to get the Linux code to a releasable state, and until that happens Prof blindscanning essentially does not exist.

proftuners.com is showing recent driver updates for the 7500/8000. im gonna test my 7500 out tonight. not sure what was updated as they dont show a changelog. they also show a new "9000 pcie" hardware version but the link is broken.

im assuming proftuners (dot) com will support the prof cards and prof-tuners (dot) com (aka advance tune) is moving on to new hardware.

turning out to be good entertainment.

crackt out,.

we all await the prof tuner sort out. but the behind the scenes bs is probly gonna kill some good harware. get em while their hot. haha.

crackt out,.

This is all very well but where can I buy one of the new Advance Tune 7700 units ?

I'm in Canada and in the past I've brought from the online store in Hong Kong, good prices and fast shipping.

The is not much point in having a great product if no one can buy it.

I also sent an email to Advancetune with similar content to the above post, this is the reply.

We prepare new on-line store. Pls, some wait.

I hope the wait is not to long and the prices are the same reasonable prices as in the past.

Prof Tuners Group Ltd.

Hi guys. I just saw these posts. We're fine. PTG works and always worked. We have many new products, we will soon begin producing Prof 9000 PCI-e, after we begin to make new line at the new NIM. Our site on the new domain www.proftuners.com, our shop www.store.proftuners.com, our dealer in the U.S. and Canada, Mr. Rick Caylor.

Hi guys. I just saw these posts. We're fine. PTG works and always worked. We have many new products, we will soon begin producing Prof 9000 PCI-e, after we begin to make new line at the new NIM. Our site on the new domain www.proftuners.com, our shop www.store.proftuners.com, our dealer in the U.S. and Canada, Mr. Rick Caylor.

your site still lists ptg engine 1.7 blindscan interface. stephen reported that prof could not develop a "good" blindscan solution yet some users here have patched the linux drivers with some success for blindscan functions. is there any news concerning prof blindscan?

crackt out,.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I will clarify the technical department. In the near future will try to answer. Thank you.

Update on the AdvanceTune website today
AdvanceTune 8700 PCIe, AdvanceTune 7700 USB
Apparently the new AdvancedTune 7700 and 8700 will use a new version of the de-mod chip that will work better for blind scan.

There still promising a BDA driver with some kind of blind scan capability for the 7301 and 7500.

Still no word as to when it will be available and if the online store will be up and running soon.

Interesting competition between the two groups AdvanceTune (prof-tuners.com) and Proftuners (proftuners.com) hopefully some good products will come out of it.

:D Believe me, it's just a dream. I know those who made these samples. They, or we can do for you the same or any other for two weeks. But a mass product, it is not easy.

Who ever brings a product to market using the new version of the de-mod chip and with a reliable blind scan capability will have a decided sales advantage.
If the price is right such a product would become a must have item for most of us.

sadie, dvbworld already has a fast and accurate pc blindscan solution. im sure the prof division did less for blindscan instead of more. advance tune lists the new 8700/7700 cards you speak of as using the STV0903. this is the same as the prof 7301 and 7500. does advance tune actually have products for sale or is it still just a website ? would be nice if the prof 7301 and 7500 could blindscan as i own one of each and bought them with the intent to blindscan. either way they were cheap s2 pc tuners.

crackt out,.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)