No Signal - - - can you tell me what is wrong?!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
I lost signal on 91W - - - C-Band - - - what might be wrong? :eek:

Attachments

• All-Fall-Down.jpg
    All-Fall-Down.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 259
Just judging from that picture, and my very experienced eye, your pole isn't level. Pole plumb is very important, as you well know.

Could I have something wrong with my LNB - - - -? Does the dish being wet affect the signal? Corn-fuzed

chapelrun said:
Could I have something wrong with my LNB - - - -? Does the dish being wet affect the signal? Corn-fuzed

Yeah that LNB might need a slight tweak! :eek: Moonbounce may be possible then! :D

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

:D
I lost signal on 91W - - - C-Band - - - what might be wrong? :eek:

ChapelRun,

Well, if you took your picture at noon, then your dish is fairly well aligned. I can see the shadow of your LNB support arm right down the mid section of the dish, so that is good. Your LNBF is aimed wrong, though. You need to rotate it nearly 90° CCW (upwards in your picture) so that it is pointing towards the sky. Then, you need to reroute your cable as it is interfering with the signal.

The worst part is that your dish itself is not very securely fastened. You are going to need to beef that up a bit. Shove a couple of cinder blocks under each side of the dish and then set one cinder block on top of the dish to prevent the wind from blowing it from one side of your lawn to the other.

Yeah, that should take care of most of your troubles. You'll be watching TV in no time, if your neighbor is home! :D

RADAR

I was going to say the skew on the LNB was off, but it looks like he has skewed the dish instead, so he should be good to go. Could be he has the LNB setup wrong in the receiver!

I just read this and was pretty grumpy. about having to retrieve a BUD in the cold/snow today. I'll bring my camera with and try to post some pics of what it is I actually bid on.

I now have a big smile on my face. Thanks guys!

LOL. That's the first time I've ever heard of that. I knew trees could block signals. Wasn't aware that tall grass might create the same problem.

Oh yes! It does. This is the main reason why most cities have ordinances regarding the height of your lawn (so that satellite reception is not blocked). Same as for dogs on leashes. You know what dogs will do as they mark their territory! You don't want that stain on your dish. I mean, you're right in the middle of Oprah and "swoosh" a sudden cloud-burst that flushes the Oprah signal right down the drain!

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts