Program Access Fee & DHPP ?

directcj

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
I just got my DISH bill, new subscriber.

DVR Advantage 39.99
Addtl rcvr 5.00
DVR fee 5.98
Dish Home Protection Plan 5.99
DISH HD 2 premium 40.00
Program Access Fee 5.00
Program Access Fee 5.00

What is the program Access Fee? Is this for making sure my phone is attached to the receiver? I've got one receiver hooked up (the 710) but difficult to hook up the 6xx. Is one receiver enough and why 2 charges?

Why do I pay for the DHPP? How do I get this one taken off?

I have credits for DISH HD 2 premium (HBO/CMax) and credits for DHPP. I know the 2 premium credits expire after some time but what about the DHPP?

I just got my DISH bill, new subscriber.

DVR Advantage 39.99
Addtl rcvr 5.00
DVR fee 5.98
Dish Home Protection Plan 5.99
DISH HD 2 premium 40.00
Program Access Fee 5.00
Program Access Fee 5.00

What is the program Access Fee? Is this for making sure my phone is attached to the receiver? I've got one receiver hooked up (the 710) but difficult to hook up the 6xx. Is one receiver enough and why 2 charges?

Why do I pay for the DHPP? How do I get this one taken off?

I have credits for DISH HD 2 premium (HBO/CMax) and credits for DHPP. I know the 2 premium credits expire after some time but what about the DHPP?

I will try to tackle a couple of your questions. The Program Access Fee is for not having the Phone Line attached (Do you have 2 receivers? Are they Dual Tuners?) If one is a 622, you can hook it up using the Ethernet (or Homeplug to your router), which will get rid of the fee.

As for the DHPP, that is the Dish Home Protection Plan (Insurance). All you have to do is call the CSR's and ask them to shut off the DHPP.

As for credits, I am sure that the DHPP Credit is only good for a few months (maybe 6 months) and then you would have to pay for it.

Hope that helps,
Geoff

thx guys,
called DISH and asked about my bill
they credited/removed the 2x programming fee

confirmed that DHPP is free for 12 months - why would I want (or need) this after 12 months? isn't this equipment DISH property, hence no need for home protection?

now, do i pay 5.00/month extra for the 6xx receiver? i thought one gets 2 receivers for the 39.99 fee?

anyways the person also told me that HD was free for 6 months, and HBO/Cmax free for 3 months.

$5 per additional SD receiver, $6 per additional HD receiver. $6 per DVR.

Yes, Dish owns the equipment. But if it breaks and you don't have it under protection plan, you get to pay for the repair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)