Program CE Restart as Macro

bryan_j_t

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 27, 2008
MA
Has anyone had any experience programing the restart procedure for the CE download process as a macro on any type of remote? I just got a URC MX-880 and am thinking it might be possible. The only thing that I'm not sure about are delay times.. Would they be consistent enough to try this?

It could be done, but the delay times would be tough to figure out, especially since they can change. After pressing the dash on the reboot screen, I've seen it take only a couple seconds, or as much as ten seconds before the box restarts.

I doubt it is consistent enough.

Some of the guys at DBStalk have a slingbox reboot macro setup, but I think it is triggered when the video signal returns, after the black screen.

Don't know if this would help.

I created an option on my harmony remote called 'software', all I do is restart the DVR and wait for it to come back on and press the 'software' button. It then sends the commands 0-2-4-6-8. I just make sure to hold it at the DVR and I have never had a problem.

Perfect.. Thanks for the responses.. I'm going to try creating the two separate macros and see how it works!

Yeah, it works great for me. Timing between the commands has never been a problem. I just went and made a sequence through the Harmony software.

I have an MX-810 and have it down to two buttons.

The first macro gets to the Menu Restart option with the Dash with a 0.2 sec delay between steps.

The second macro is 0-2-4-6-8 with no delays.

I found the time for reset varys too much to make this a single macro.

Hope this helps.

Mike

I have the MX500 and have several macros programmed for input switching and the like...never thought of doing a macro for CE downloads. The two macro option seems best though. The delays between entering the dash and the actual reboot is not so much the problem as I see it. The bigger delays occur when you are recording something and need to cancel the recording before the reboot. So unless you were absolutely certain that you would never attempt to initiate a CE while something was recording, why bother. But good idea all the same. :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)