Status
Please reply by conversation.

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
In my effort to make FTA useable for the family, I'm in search of the best source for program information. I visited TitanTV and found the format used is not great for making an FTA guide. Unless I'm missing something? I remember in the 80's they had publications for satellite program info, but I havn't seen any of that for a long time. I was thinking it might actually be a big task to assemble a working guide for FTA.

A perfect oppurtunity for a money making web site. Someone , like Scott, could build a FTA guide and charge admission, like pub membership.
This site would be a perfect place for that page. Hint Hint ;)

So now that I've actually thought about that idea, while basically a nice idea, it won't work for so many different reasons. But wow, the money you could make!

I visited TitanTV and found the format used is not great for making an FTA guide.
why not? I used it for a long time and had at one time about 60 channels from FTA on it....of course thats when Equity existed ;)

TitanTV works okay for us.

It is a bit awkward to setup, since you must find a station of the same network in your time zone for most applications.

Far from perfect, but better than nothing, and it's free. It can be made to work for CW, RTV, History, Pentagon, Metv, some PBS, and most major network station feeds.

I will experiment some more with Titan TV, mostly cause there is nothing else to work with I found. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts