Program Guide not downloading

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
Is anyone else having trouble downloading the programming guide? My 622 lost most of its guide info, so I did a Check Switch and it wasn't able to finish downloading the guide. I have tried rebooting a couple times since and it keeps freezing about 1/4 of the way through the download. Any suggestions?

If this is a one time thing, then it may need some patience. I've waited up to 40 minutes before on a guide download before on a 722. Of course, there were several start-overs and manual receiver re-boots and manual check switches along the way to add that 40 minutes together.

I find with my experience that it varies throughout the day how fast the guide downloads. I don't know what the variables are that affect it. Lately it's been about 5 minutes but usually takes no more than 10 minutes.

If this is happening every day where the guide does not download properly and you've checked to ensure the automatic nightly updates are enabled on your receiver, then you may very well have an a technical issue that requires a phone call to tech support and more possibly a tech having to roll out.

Yes. Both my receivers had problems downloading the guides yesterday. Even forcing it, it took three times to get it. It seemed to center around the HD RSN in my case.

(1) Be sure any EHD is removed as it "scans" the EHD before the reboot. What it finds I do not know.
(2) From your chair, with touching the front panel, you can force a reboot by changing the reboot time (Menu+8+4) to your current time plus a couple of minutes. After it finishes (4 to 10 minutes) reset the reboot time to your normal time. Both tuners and outputs will need to be free or powered off.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts