Program Guide only 36 Hours

trumanhorn

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Missouri
Woke up this morning to find that my program guide only goes out 36 hours (I'm using a 922). Haven't made any changes, and I did both a reboot and a check switch. Any thoughts? I didn't know if the addition of the Starz channels might cause this.

Oh, and I did a chat with a tech agent, who wanted me to start deleting recordings to fix the problems...I immediately wrote that off as incompetence, but could there be something to it?

My chat transcript:

Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
Romana (ID: X37): Hello.
Romana (ID: X37): Thank you for choosing DISH Network, how can I help you today?
Me: Just wanted to check something. My 922 DVR is only showing 36 hours of future guide listings, as opposed to the 8 or 9 days I normally get. Is there something wrong with it?
Romana (ID: X37): I'd be happy to assist you with your request.
Romana (ID: X37): What has changed from the time it was working properly to now?
Me: Nothing really...it just changed when I got up this morning. Could it be tied to the new Starz channels we're getting today?
Me: Once I noticed the problem, I did a reboot of the machine (which didn't fix it), and so I also did a check switch.
Romana (ID: X37): Okay.
Romana (ID: X37): As I understand you have lost the DVR recordings, am I correct?
Me: No, the DVR is still functioning fine. The program guide only extends out 36 hours though.
Romana (ID: X37): One moment please.
Me: Sure.
Romana (ID: X37): Thank you.
Romana (ID: X37): May I know if you have done a manual recording or automatic recording?
Me: I don't believe the 922 allows manual recordings.
Romana (ID: X37): We will need to delete some recordings now.
Me: I'd prefer not to delete recordings. How are my DVR recordings connected to the program guide?
Romana (ID: X37): I see that the recordings are not connected to the DVR.
Romana (ID: X37): I see that the recordings are not connected to the program guide*
Romana (ID: X37): They are some thing connected to the DVR receiver not to the TV program guide.
Romana (ID: X37): Is there anything else I may help you with?
Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
Romana (ID: X37): Hello.
Romana (ID: X37): Thank you for choosing DISH Network, how can I help you today?
Me: Just wanted to check something. My 922 DVR is only showing 36 hours of future guide listings, as opposed to the 8 or 9 days I normally get. Is there something wrong with it?
Romana (ID: X37): I'd be happy to assist you with your request.
Romana (ID: X37): What has changed from the time it was working properly to now?
Me: Nothing really...it just changed when I got up this morning. Could it be tied to the new Starz channels we're getting today?
Me: Once I noticed the problem, I did a reboot of the machine (which didn't fix it), and so I also did a check switch.
Romana (ID: X37): As I understand you have lost the DVR recordings, am I correct?
Me: No, the DVR is still functioning fine. The program guide only extends out 36 hours though.
Me: Sure.
Romana (ID: X37): Thank you.
Romana (ID: X37): May I know if you have done a manual recording or automatic recording?
Me: I don't believe the 922 allows manual recordings.
Romana (ID: X37): We will need to delete some recordings now.
Me: I'd prefer not to delete recordings. How are my DVR recordings connected to the program guide?
Romana (ID: X37): I see that the recordings are not connected to the DVR.
Romana (ID: X37): I see that the recordings are not connected to the program guide*
Romana (ID: X37): They are some thing connected to the DVR receiver not to the TV program guide.
Romana (ID: X37): Is there anything else I may help you with?

The 922 is a strange beast, I've found that to reload the guide you need to change the update time to about a minute or so from now and let it do its "normal" update. That usually will get it to update the guide. Give that a try as it won't hurt anything.

I had the same problem with my 622 (but not with my 722). Did a reboot and check switch/test to no avail. It would just stay stuck on test 4 of 4. I disconnected the coax, did a check switch to clear the matrix, reconnected and ran another check switch/test. It then updated the guide to 10 days out. Of course because of the problem with 77 it no longer shows up at all but since it's down anyway and I don't think I watch anything from it I'm not concerned about it.

Ed

Woke up this morning to find that my program guide only goes out 36 hours (I'm using a 922). Haven't made any changes, and I did both a reboot and a check switch. Any thoughts? I didn't know if the addition of the Starz channels might cause this.

Oh, and I did a chat with a tech agent, who wanted me to start deleting recordings to fix the problems...I immediately wrote that off as incompetence, but could there be something to it?

I would call it incompetence. Must be reading from the wrong script.

I had the same problem with my 722, every day, finally decided to change the normal 3AM download to 4AM and the problem went away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts