Program Guide Question

JimA

Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
Okay, here is a newbie question about the 522 program guide. I've only had the Dish Network and the 522 for a week now. I switched from DirectTV and was very familiar with their guide. Occasionally, with DirectTV, the program guide would show "unavailable" for a few seconds, but then the program information would fill in and become available. With the 522, no matter how much I wait, the program titles will not show up. Most channels are fine, but for example, on the Midwest Fox Sports Network channel I receive in St. Louis, I can't select the ballgame to record even when its only an hour or two away. I've been having to select the "block of time" it gives me (like 7 p.m. to 1 a.m). This sortof defeats the purpose of "click on program and record". The same thing happens on a couple other stations, even a local station.

Does the Dish Network send out the program guide differently from DirectTV. Perhaps someone could explain how it is done, then I could look for a solution to this. The tech at the help line said I should reboot my machine. Is this the correct thing to do? Doesn't seem that I should have to reboot just to get the program guide to fill in only a few channels. I DO turn off the tuners every night.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Usually it takes a day or so to get all of the program guide info (from my experience). You should go ahead and reboot, if for no other reason than to check that off the list of things to try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)