Program Guide Suggestions

edtorious

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
San Diego, CA
Hello, newbie voomer here. Is there anyway I can hide the channels that I don't really watch? I know we can do that on local channels, but how about on the regular channels? I got the voom package so I don't like seeing those channels I didn't get when I change the channel and also 'cause I'm a channel surfer guy and when I flip on the channel it's just too many of them. Even if I put all the channels I only watch in favorites, it will be too many. I only want channels I really really want in my favorites. And also I wish there was some way that when I'm in a channel I want to put in my favorites there should be a one button program to do it instead of going to program guide, to the favorite and look for the channel again to add it and also I wish that if I press the favorite button instead of showing all the list of channels in my favorites it should just take me to every favorite channels right away instead. Also I suggest that on the program guide, they should add a way to see programs in future dates? or will this be in their upcoming HD-DVR box? I know I can check programs in future dates on the voom's website but it will be cool to see it in program guide. I miss my cable :no all of my suggestions here are already built in the cable's program guide. But still I won't replace voom for cable when it comes to HD programs. I've already e-mailed voom these suggestions. Hopefully they'll have these features in the future. :D

You can program the channels you watch into "Favorites" so that when you select favorites only those come up. Check the menu settings instructions. It's easy.

Yea, but I wish that if I press the favorite button it will automatically take me to one of my favorite channels instead of pulling up a list of channels in my favorites and I still have to choose. But it's ok still. :)

I know what ur talking about Dog! :smug I'm talking about when I used to have cable and on their remote, everytime you press the fav button it takes you to the channels that are on your favorite list, it's like flipping thru different channels but only the ones in your favorites. In voom if you press the fav button it just give you a list of channels in your favorite list, but it doesn't take you on the channel you want unless you select it and press ok on it. I know how the favorite feature works in voom :rolleyes: but don't you think it would be nice to have the feature like the cable does? But like I said I don't mind, I just hope that when I suggested this to voom, they will consider. ;) Sorry for the confusion. :eek:

edtorious said:
don't you think it would be nice to have the feature like the cable does? ;) Sorry for the confusion. :eek:
Yes. That would be a much better way for the feature to work (maybe they could use the yellow button for that?). And there was nothing confusing at all about your posts, if one actually reads them. :)

As I am STILL awaiting my VOOM install, I can not be much help but will add a related question.

Does VOOM allow you to have more than one favorites list? On E* I have a list called main that I put almost everything except for bingo, shopping, etc. I have other lists for the kids, etc. This makes it easy to address the situation you mention. The E* box also has two built-in lists, one called "All Channels" and the other which is "All Subscribed"

No. Just one Favorites. Also will show guide for just All Hd, Voom originals, Movies, News, Sports, Pay Per View, Family & Kids, Music. And of course All Channels.

You're right, though. Another Favorites list or two would be a nice addition -- but it would still be better to be able to access them directly, with one button, instead of going into the menu or pressing multiple buttons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)