Program Info staying on screen

mhilsdon

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Something strange has started happening with my Vip722k receiver, whenever I change channels (on either TV) the program information bar is staying on the screen until I press cancel. It never did this before and I haven't changed anything. Any ideas?

That did it!! Thanks so much. Now if I could just work out why my second remote only works sporadically (it's only in the next room) I'd be a happy man.

That did it!! Thanks so much. Now if I could just work out why my second remote only works sporadically (it's only in the next room) I'd be a happy man.

Have you tried changing the remote address? If it is a UHF remote and you have the antennea installed on the back that thing should work from a block away let alone the next room.

It is a UHF remote with antenna, I have another duo receiver where the second one is on a different floor and it works perfectly every time. How do I change the address of the on I'm having a problem with? Thanks for your help.

The remote is a 21.0 IR/UHF Pro and the receiver is a Vip 722k, I followed the instructions from the link you gave me but was not given the opportunity to change the address. I checked the info for the upstairs remote and it's on a different band to the downstairs one (it's also rarely used as it's in the guest bedroom). The odd thing is about the one in the kitchen is that it sometimes works perfectly well and other times nothing at all.

Now if I could just work out why my second remote only works sporadically (it's only in the next room) I'd be a happy man.

I had similar problem. We had a digital picture frame near our 722 receiver. The problem with the remote turned out to be RF interference from the digital frame. I moved it to another room and everything works perfectly now.

Move the antenna away from the receiver. Get a male-male adapter, connect coak to the back of the receiver and use the adapter to connect to the antenna. I was having problems with the remote not working from downstairs. Moved it and now works perfectly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts