Program Logitech speakers into AUX

efenili

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
Hey all,

I wanted to be able to program my Logitech speakers which are hooked up to my TV into the Dish remote to control volume....is this a pretty simple thing to do?

I don't have any codes and searching didn't seem to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

there are thousands of posts at the logitech forums for all kinds of remotes and harmony universal devices and speakers.

But thanks for being so helpful

I wanted to be able to program my Logitech speakers which are hooked up to my TV into the Dish remote to control volume....is this a pretty simple thing to do?
Fairly simple, yes. First of all, that is a confusing post! I have never seen a set of speakers with a remote-controllable volume control. If your Logitech speakers did in fact come with a remote, then I have no idea how to do this via a Dish remote.

If, on the other hand, you mean to control the volume using your TV, then that's what most of us do. Look up the remote code for your TV, if it exists. If not, then follow the instructions for finding it via the TV-power button. If somebody around here happens to know the code already, then you need to tell us what TV you have. The speaker brand is not relevant.

Sorry for being confusing :)

The Logitech Z-5500 come with a Digital Amp that does have a controller for controller inputs and volume etc....sort of like a cheap receiver. So the only function the TV has is turning on and off. Dish does the channels and the Logitech system controls volume :)

Hope that helps to see if its possible at all.

The Logitech Z-5500 come with a Digital Amp that does have a controller for controller inputs and volume etc....sort of like a cheap receiver.
Well, that's quite a sophisticated system, and a 1st in my experience.

So... What you want to do is just barely possible, assuming Dish remotes have a compatible code for your "receiver". I would make a concerted effort at using the search method to find the right code. Failing that, you could always hook the speakers into a volume-controlled output jack on your TV and use that (the TV's volume control) instead.

Best bet may be to use a Logitech 880 remote, or similar. But not a particularly good bet.

I Have Logitech 2300Z, it has only 2 front spkrs. a subwoofer, a built in amp & seperate volume control moduel that connects to the spkrs. I hooked my spkrs. to the tv then used tv remote to go into setup & turn off internal tv spkrs. & on outboard spkrs. I turned the Logitech volume control to a little less than max that way the tv has a wide range of volume level. I programed my Dish remote with my tv code that you can find in the reciever instruction manuel, then put Dish remote on Sat & you can controll volume & everything else. Hope this helps you.

Thats for all the suggestions guys !! :)

I actually do have a Logitech 880 remote, and it worked fine but I am looking to change it and in the mean time felt that if I could get the Dish remote to work for volume it might be pretty nice :)

I will try a few things

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts